Basic Knowledge Required in Programming
There are basic knowledge required in programming and it must be learned so that someone would be able to work for his/her simple programming projects. Below is the simple list of the basic knowledge required in programming. This hub is only intended for those who want to know how to program and just a quick guide on what should be learned if someone is a beginner in programming.
1. Know How to Declare Variables
Variable can be any name that will choose by the programmer, however the best practice mentioned is that the variables must be related to what the program does to avoid confusion for the programmer while coding. Variables are associated with data types like int, double, long, float, short, string, boolean, char etc.
int num1, int num2;
double num1, double num2;
String word1, String word2;
2. Know How to Use Basic Flow of Controls
If and else statement, while loop, do while loop, for loop and switch statement are but an example of basic flow of controls. For c++ and java language the use of these controls have only a very little difference though the syntax or logic on using these controls are the same. Knowing the basic flow of controls is very important in programming because it almost carries all the implementations wanted by the programmer in his program.
Java Tutorials and Tips
- Java Tutorial Examples
- 5 Important Tips to Learn Java Programming and Other Programming Languages
- Basic Knowledge Required in Programming
- How to Program in Java: Complete Simple Easy Steps
- Java Simple Codes for Beginners
- Java Tutorial for Beginners: A Beginners Guide on Learning Java Programming
- Java Class: Learn More About Classes in Java
3. Acquaint yourself with Arrays and Function
If you have a programming book you must know how to use arrays and functions, these two are widely used in simple programming as well as in higher programming. Learning it and be an expert on using it will give you many advantages in the future as a programmer.
Somehow, these are all I can think of that will help a beginner in his/her first step as a programmer. Simple programming projects consist only of all these three. The use of arrays and implementing a function call depends on what programming language someone use. But for whatever programming language you want to learn, knowing these three would be a big help. If you want to know more about the programming language you use, delving deeply on its pre-defined functions would help you a lot to have an excellent program. I would upload sample codes using java language and some of them are in OOP. They are simple programming projects that you can test and run on your compiler.
Just a question, what programming language you are most interested to learn and use? We might share the same favorite language. ^_^
Below are simple programming projects that were coded in netbeans java compiler, you might want to have a glance on it or try it on your own java compiler. Those are all working codes.Choose the source code you want below.
Other Java Source Code Examples
- Java Simple Codes for Beginners
- Java source codes on outputting Asterisk in Different Forms Using Recursion
- Java Source Code: A Recursive Asterisk Diamond Shape
- Java Source code on Adding Numbers inside the Array using For Loop
- Java Source codes on Adding numbers inside the Array Using Recursion
- Java Source Code: Sort Numbers using Selection Sort
- Java Source Code: How to Sort Numbers in Bubble Sort Using Recursion
- Java Source Code on Linear Search Using Recursion
- Java Source Code: Binary Search in Recursion
- Java Source code: How to Print a String Backward using Recursion
- Java source code: Output the Answer of the Integer X to the Power Y
- Java Source code on Printing the Greatest Common Divisor (GCD) using Recursion
- Java Source Code: How to make a Program that will determine a Person's Salutation and Current Age
- Java Source Code: Recursive Snow Flakes