- Internet & the Web
The Best Web Browser Apps for the Samsung Intercept and the LG Optimus V
Wireless Internet In Your Hand
Finding a stellar internet browser is "mobile phone'age' 101" these days.
"How am I going to surf the web?" is one of the first questions once the new phone is unpacked and in your "hot little hands".
With almost all mobile phones in my past, there were three possible situations:
1. No browser or just a Mobileshop link.
2. Built in browser (sucks!!)
3. Opera Mini and a built in browser.
Now with an Android based 3g or 4g smartphone, we have a larger list to choose how to get a wireless internet adventure rolling.
It can be a bit overwhelming to decide which net browser is the best choice for your unique wireless experience.
Some of us want SPEED!
Some want extra features, like an integrated LastPass add-on, and any Android mobile phone with the Android OS below 2.2 want a flash work around. We have come a long way from the original g phone.
The original built in mobile internet browser, based on the Google software, Chrome, is one of the best pre-installed browsers I've come across.
However, the fact that there is now a choice in how you surf the mobile internet. It is like
Lets clear up some confusion and identify the sweetest browsers on the App Market.
Do you have Android 2.1?
If you have a Samsung Intercept, then YES, you do.
This means that you cannot watch true flash (only "flash lite").
This browser solves that problem.
Using their servers to stream the video, you are able to watch flash video (such as southparkstudios.com).
This is an incredible asset.
Skyfire is presently my default browser just because of the flash playing ability.
There are lots of other stellar points to this browser as well.
- It integrates with the default bookmarks!
- It has a fun "search feature" under the EXPLORE tab. It is more "just browsing" centered and not exactly useful for your scholarly needs. EXPLORE videos, images, random sites of interest, etc. by entering a term. Like I said, sounds like search, but is more random.
- Nice drop down menu from the toolbar so you do not have to keep pressing the setting button.
- Switch between desktop/mobile viewing.
- Smooth tab switching interface.
So, you cannot live without this FLASH player. Snap the QRCode today! --------->>>>>>
Opera MiniClick thumbnail to view full-size
Opera is a great browser.
Granted, it is nothing new.
This is a good thing in many ways.
Opera has more experience than many and continues to maintain a competitive edge in speed.
From the AndroidTapp Review:
- Lightning Fast mobile web browser!
- Full web browsing in mobile experience
- Opera Link for synchronizing bookmarks between desktop and phone
- Tabbed browsing
- Double Tap Zoom
- Can’t launch YouTube videos from the browser
Dolphin Browser HDClick thumbnail to view full-size
Dolphin Browser HD
This is the browser for mobile that comes with add-ons.
It is as close to a desktop like browser you are going to get.
Small sampling of available add-ons:
- Bookmarks to SD
- Bookmarks Widget
- Brightness Control
- Browse Faster
- Compact page Toggles
- Desktop Toggles
- Dolphin Alexa
- Dolphin QR Share
- Dolphin Reader
- Find on LinkedIn
- Fullscreen for Froyo
- Google Reader Notifier
Dolphin Browser HD
How do you compare?
Which mobile browser can you NOT live without???
- Welcome to Skyfire
- Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers
ile browser for your phone. Try Opera and discover the best web experience on almost any phone.
- Dolphin Browser HD
- AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games
Browse all applications from the Android Market. Download the best Android apps to your Android phone and share them with friends.