How to get Google Apps on the LG Rumor Touch- Calendar, Voice, Maps, Sync, and Gmail
Get The Google Suite for the LG Rumor Touch!
Most of us use Google in some way or another.
We might have Gmail (which is the best out there in my opinion, especially when it comes to spam).
We might use Picassa.
Perhaps we like to use Google Docs or Google Voice for work.
Maybe, your workplace subscribes to Google Apps like mine does.
Although I have several hubs on installing apps and games on the LG Rumor Touch, I thought it would be fitting to have one deticated just to Google related apps.
I remember that these apps were the first ones I looked for when I first got the LG Rumor Touch.
If you ever move up to an Android based phone (like the Samsung Intercept), being very familiar with all things Google will do you good since an Android phone and Google are inextricably linked like Siamese twins.
The apps are hosted on Mediafire.
- Google Calendar
- Google Maps
- Google Contact Sync
- Google Voice
Required Reading!-How to Install Apps
- Install Non-Virgin Mobile and Sprint Java Apps and Games on the LG Rumor Touch Mobile Phone Free!
Install 3rd party apps on the LG Rumor Touch mobile phone (3g mobiles) from Virgin Mobile or Sprint. Download apps from my personal collection for free. Get a real deal games cell phone. Links to best websites to get free apps. Free your mobile phone
The Mobile Site = App in a Browser
Additional Suggestions for other Google Apps (aka using the mobile site):
- Google Reader = Go to "m.google.com" in Opera Mini 5.1 with "mobile view" OFF. Otherwise natively mobile sites do not display properly.
Using the same method as with Google Reader, the following Google Apps are also available on "m.google.com" from your LG Rumor Touch.
Other Java Apps that allow you to do Google things:
- Ebuddy = Gtalk abilities
- Native IM app on Virgin Mobile's phone = GTalk and Gmail
- JContactBackup = Contact Sync for Gmail through export/import of VCards.
- YourTube = Download Youtube videos for flawless playback
- Trapster = Uses Google Maps to report on speed traps and police activity with voice warnings while you drive.
You can find all of the apps above except the native IM Messenging App HERE.