- Internet & the Web»
- Search Engines
GoogleMaps :: Marker's GoogleMaps :: infowindow's GoogleMaps :: Google Maps
GoogleMaps Marker's and GoogleMaps Infowindow's
A Google Maps Marker is presented, as standard, in Google Maps and when a Google Maps Layer is requested by ticking the appropriate option in the [More...] drop-down list or selecting one of the [Show Search Options].
Each layer is associated with it's own distinct coloured marker, picture or thumbnail.
You can overlay the map with as many of these as you want but I suggest you use one overlay at a time as the map can get very crowded, very quickly, especially when the map is of a metropolitan area.
GoogleMaps Locations Layer's with Marker's and Infowindow's
Google Maps Businesses Layer with Marker Icons & Infowindow
Google Maps User-Created Maps Layer with Marker Icons
Google Maps Real Estate Layer with Marker Icons
Google Maps Photos Layer with Photo Icons
Google Maps Videos Layer with Video Icons
A Google Maps Marker appears on a Google Map to highlight an important location.
For [Show Search Options] the following layers show markers:
- Locations - there is a representative icon marker for each type of property located on the map.
- Businesses - red dots and larger red icons are used as markers on the businesses layer.
- User-created Maps - users are able to create their own maps and corresponding Google Maps Custom Markers.
- Real Estate / Properties - red dots and larger red icons are used as a marker on the real estate (US) / Properties (UK) layer, just as for businesses.
Real Estate / Properties is also available from the [more...] drop-down list. The other layers available from the [more...] list that have markers associated with them are :
- Photos - rather than markers being presented, the photos layer shows small and large bordered photograph thumbnails.
- Videos - videos are from YouTube.
- Wikipedia - the marker for the Wikipedia layer is a [W].
- Webcams - as for photos and videos, the webcam layer presents webcam thumbnails rather than a marker.
- Buzz - the marker that is presented for Buzz is a speech bubble.
See Google Marker :: Google Maps Marker :: Google Map Marker by Humagaia for a full description of GoogleMaps Markers.
Google Maps Wikipedia Layer with Marker Icons & Infowindow
Google Maps Webcams Layer with Webcam Thumbnails
Google Maps Buzz Layer with Marker Icons & Infowindow
Google Maps infowindow pop-ups appear when you click a Google Maps Marker. They display additional information about the location.
Google Maps infowindows contain pictures, addresses, web-addresses, real estate / properties information, reviews and star ratings.
An infowindow also has links to Directions, Search nearby, Save to, [more....] or [more info....], Zoom here, Street View, Write a Review, Send, Move marker, Edit details, Report a problem and Show all edits.
For full information read Google Infowindow :: Google Maps Infowindow :: Google Map Infowindow by Humagaia.