Tips and Tricks on Google Search
Google, on internet, by far is the most popular search engine which is used by about 80 percent of total internet users. Google’s this popularity is because of excellent search results with extensive range of searching capabilities. If you do internet surfing, you access Google numerous times a week, if not a number of times a day. As a typical internet user, you also don’t even use a 10% of Google’s searching power—which means most of us not searching as effectively or as efficiently we could. That’s probably because most of us never tried to move beyond Google’s simple but powerful home page interface.
A great mass of internet user are searching through Google and most of them like Google’s user friendly, unambiguous interface its quick operation; and its excellence search results. But what most of us don’t know is that Google has an array of special search option which we can use to search more accurate and precise results. To learn these special secret of Google searching keep reading and become a Google power user.
Tips to Improve Google Search Results
This article contains few tips which will tell you how to search on Google to improve Google search results. There are few search operators list which makes users’ search more powerful and fetches more precise results.
Below are given some operators with which we can search more accurately. They are categorized in Operator Name, Description and Example Search Format.
Google Search Operators Tricks List
- Operator name: site
- Limits results to sites within the specified domain with specified word.
- site:hubpages.com rajkishor09 will show pages from hubpages.com where keyword rajkishor09 contains.
- Operator name: intitle
- Limits results to pages whose title contains the specified phrase.
- intitle:hubpages will show pages contains keyword ‘hubpages’ in the title.
- Operator name: allintitle
- Limits results to pages whose title contains all the specified phrases.
- allintitle:hubpages is quite similar to ‘intitle’ operator.
- Operator name: inurl
- Limits results to sites whose URL contains the specified phrase.
- inurl:hubpages.com rajkishor09 will show pages from hubpages.com domain containing rajkishor09 keyword.
- Operator name: filetype, ext
- Limits results to documents of the specified type.
- filetype:pdf hubpages.com will show PDFs containing the word hubpages.com, while filetype:doc hubpages.com will return MS-Word files with the word hubpages.com.
- Operator name: link
- Limits results to web pages containing links to the specified location.
- link:hubpages.com will show web pages containing one or more links hubpages.com
- Operator name: inanchor
- Limits results to sites containing links with the specified phrase in their descriptions.
- inanchor:hubpages will show web pages with links whose link text contains the word hubpages.
- Operator name: allintext
- Limits results to documents containing the specified phrase in the text, but not in the title, link descriptions or URLs.
- allintext:"hubpages" will return web pages which contain the phrase hubpages in their text only.
- Operator nam
- Specifies that a phrase should occur frequently in results.
- +hubpages will sort results by the number of occurrences of the word hub.
- Operator name: .
- Wildcard for a single character.
- hub.pages will show web pages containing the phrases hub pages, hub@pages, hub1pages, hub-pages etc.
- Operator name: *
- Wildcard for a single word.
- hubpages * rajkishor09 will show web pages containing the phrases hub the pages, hub of pages, hub and pages etc.
- Operator name: |
- Logical OR.
- "hub pages" |hubpages will show web pages containing the word hub pages or the word hubpages.
I hope these Google search tips and trick will help you to improve your search result. Don’t forget to share this useful Google tricks with your friends. Happy Googling…
Search engine choice
Which search engine you use most?
Google tricks poll
Did this Google tricks help you to improve search results?
- Extend Your Computers Life
A computer is a complex electronic device which we own proudly. But to remain its proud owner we need to take care of it. To extend life of computer, it must be regularly examined as we do for various...
- How to share an internet connection on LAN?
If you have a fully functional LAN then net sharing is few click away, yes few clicks. I assumed that you have already a broadband connection and account configured on your PC. Just go to My Network...