How to Access Gmail or Tumblr
© 2013 by Aurelio Locsin.
Both Gmail and Tumblr offers rides on the Internet highway, primarily using email messages for the former, and blog pictures for the latter. You can access both sites using desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones or and devices that can browse the Web. To use a site, you must first sign up for it.
Signing Up for Gmail
- Browse the Gmail home page and click the “Create an Account” button to display the Create A New Google Account page.
- Fill in the requested information, such as your first and last names, username and password, and email address. Enter the verification text to confirm that you’re a human being and click a check into the boxes stating that you agree with the site’s use policies.
- Click the “Next Step” button to display the “Your Profile” page, which you can return to later. Click the “Next Step” button to reach the Welcome page. You can now access Gmail.
- Browse the Gmail home page.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate text boxes. Then click the “Sign In” button to display the Gmail page. Click “Inbox” to display a list of your messages.
- Click a message to read its contents.
Signing Up for Tumblr
- Browse the Tumblr home page.
- Enter an email address, username and password. Then click the “Sign Up” button to display the next message.
- Enter your age and click a check into the box confirming that you understand the terms of service. Then click the “Done” button to display the Find Blogs page.
- Enter a keyword in the “Search” box to find blogs related to that keyword. Then click the name of the blog you want to add to Tumblr. You can follow up to five blogs.
- Click the “Next Step” button to display the Tell Us About Yourself page. You can return to this page later, so click the “Next Step” button to display the Get the App page. You can also skip this page for now by clicking “I’ll Get It Later.” You can now access Tumblr.
- Browse the Tumblr home page and then click “Log In” to display the Log In screen. (REFERENCE 4, “connecting to other users”)
- Enter your username and password and click the “Log In” button to display your Tumblr home page.
- Scroll down the page to view the latest posts from the blogs you follow. You can click the title on top of a picture to go to the blog on which the picture is located.
- Gmail: Email from Google
10+ GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access. Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. And maybe even fun.
Post anything (from anywhere!), customize everything, and find and follow what you love. Create your own Tumblr blog today.
- Variety is the Spice of Desktops: Changing Windows 7...
Turn your Windows 7 desktop into a gallery of your favorite images.
- Windows Gadgets You Must Have As a Writer for HubPag...
Windows 7 gadgets are small applications that sit on your desktop for instant access. Many of these goodies can help make your writing easier and more efficient, especially for HubPages. Check them out.
- Troubleshooting Toshiba NB505 Netbook Problems
Find out how to fix your Toshiba NB505 problems.