How to Export Contacts From Outlook to Android Device - Get Outlook contacts into Droid
One of the most frequent questions I get is regarding how to get contacts from Outlook (or almost any contact management program such as Palm Desktop, Apple address book etc) into your new Android device. So here is the answer!
Open Outlook and go to the Contacts tab.
2. Go to File and then down to Export and export the contacts as a CSV (excel) or vcard file, either one works. Save this file to your desktop.
3. Login to the Gmail account that is syncing currently with your Android device.
4. Go to the Contacts area (from the Gmail main page there is a link to Contacts in the upper left.)
5. About 2/3 of the way across the page you will see a drop down menu that says "More Actions." Click there and go down to Import
6. Import the file that you saved to your desktop from Outlook.
You should now have all of your contacts from Outlook in Gmail which will then sync with your Android. The downside is that currently there is no way to wirelesly or automatically sync changes made to these contacts. So when you change them on the Android it will change them in Gmail but NOT in Outlook. I am hoping Google makes something similar to the Calendar sync to address that in the future.
Hope that helps!
- 10 Greatest Bar Songs of all Time - Ever
This article required YEARS of hard drinking and investigative research in hundreds of bars, pubs, clubs, lounges and parties on 4 continents. Lucky for you....I am your man...and have been preparing to...
- How to do a Hard Reset on a Android Phone - Factory Reset - Droid Reset
Android is about the hottest thing out there right now. There are literally hundreds of devices that run Google's Android Operating System with more being launched every week. As Android continues to eat up...
- How to Access Android Memory Card and Transfer Pictures, Movies and Music from your Computer
Ok, so this is going to be a brief article on how to mount your Android device as MASS Storage, which allows you to access the SD Memory card in the phone just by connecting the phone to the USB cable and the...