- Internet & the Web»
- Search Engines
Some Great Google Tricks
Google: Much More Than your Average Search Engine
Did you know that Google can yield much more than just relevant websites?
- Try typing in the airline company followed by the flight number your uncle David is on. Google will give you a live tracking info with the estimated departure and estimated arrival.
- Would you like to know what time it is at Mario's place in Italy? Simply type:What time is it in Italy? There you go!
- What if you need to exchange dollars in Euros? Type "10 dollars in Euros. Better than going to the bank!
- Are you cooking? Ask Google by typing in:" 1 cup in teaspoons" or try" 1 liter in cups" for foreign recipes. The search will yield the results.
- Wondering what the weather is looking like? Just type in the word weather followed by your zip code.
- Checking the stock market but reluctant to buy a newspaper or watch it on TV, no problem simply type something like "CSCO" and Google will give you the market details.
- Planning to go to the movies? Type "movies" followed by your zip code. Now just get dressed and drive!
- Waiting for a package? Try to type in the tracking number, you may be surprised!
- Try testing Google's math skills simply type: 2+2 and press search. Voila' Google is also your personal calculator!
As seen, Google goes a long way when compared to the average search engine. Nothing really can compare. I believe that Google is and will always remain the king of the web. Do you google?
Questions? Ask Google!
- The Amazing Features of Google Map's Street View
Google maps is a great application, courtesy of Google, that allows users to see the world in ways never imagined before. Indeed the fact that you can zoom in anywhere across the globe and view...
- Interesting Features of Google Translate and Google Translate for Animals.
Google translate crumbles the tower of Babel Long gone are the days when foreign languages appeared to be incomprehensible and the only way to decipher sentences was through the tedious job of using a...