Understanding the Status icons of an iPhone
In this hub I will let you know the various status icons that are visible at the top of the screen in the status bar of an iPhone.
This hub has general information about iPhone. All the information mentioned in this hub is applicable to iPhone.
You will also be interested in Reading: How to use Mail in an iPhone ?
- If the status icon is “LTE” then it represents the LTE network of your carrier. LTE indicates availability of LTE network through which you can connect your iPhone to the Internet using the LTE network. This status signal is available in iPhone 5 or its later versions.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 1 then it represents the Cell signal. If the signal range is present then you are in a cellular network’s range. If a signal is absent then there is “no” network service.
- The status icon “E” is known as EDGE. If this icon is on then your carrier’s EDGE network is up and running for internet connectivity.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 2 then it means that the Airplane mode is on. This means that no phone calls can be made and all other wireless features are off.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 3 then it means that the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network which can be used for internet connectivity.
- If the status icon is “4G” then it means that the 4G LTE or UMTS GSM network is available for internet connectivity in iPhone 4S or in a later version.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 4 then it means “Do Not Disturb” option is turned on.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 5 then it means Syncing. It represents that the iPhone is syncing with iTunes.
Have you faced any difficulty in understanding the icons of an iPhone?
- When the status icon is “3G”, it means presence of 3G UMTS GSM network or EV-DO CDMA network. iPhone can connect to the internet when UMTS/ EV-DO network is present.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 6 then it represents Personal Hotspot. It means that another device is getting Personal Hotspot from iPhone.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 7 then it means that there is network activity. Third party apps may also use and indicate network activity.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 8 then it means that you are connected to a network using VPN.
- When the status icon is “GPRS”, it means that GPRS/1xRTT network is active. GPRS represents a GSM network and 1xRTT represents a CDMA network. You can connect to the internet by using any one of them.
- If the status icon is as shown in the figure 9 then it represents the TTY. This icon means that the iPhone is going to work with a TTY machine.
- If the status signal is as shown in the figure 10 then it represents Bluetooth®.
- If it is a Gray Bluetooth icon then the Bluetooth is on and if a device is paired with the iPhone then the device may be turned off or it is out of range.
- If it is a Blue or white Bluetooth icon then it means the Bluetooth is on and an iPhone is paired with a device.
- If there is no icon then the Bluetooth is off.
People who read this hub also read: A closer look at iPhone
Rate this Hub
Let me know your views on this hub. Please send your valuable comments.
Please share this hub with your friends on your social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
I will be back with another article, so keep visiting my hubpages.