jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How much traffic do you get from Digg?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

I have linked several of my hubs on Digg, and don't seem to get any traffic from it. Do you? If so, any tips to share?

1. CWanamaker profile image93
      CWanamakerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't get much traffic from Digg anymore.  It seems that you have to post a ton of links fairly regularly to get people to notice you and read your submissions. I don't have time for that anymore so whenever I do add a link to a new hub, it pretty much goes unnoticed.

2. carol7777 profile image84
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Do you think this social networking is just getting over used? There is no magic bullet for getting readership and I think people are often just anxious to promote their own work.  I was glad to find this question as i am always wondering what sites are the best.  However, i do spend a lot of time reading others hubs and linking them when they hit a special nerve.  I think the best way to succeed here is share other's work...And I love learning new things and sharing with new people.

3. jacharless profile image80
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

Zero. And Digg just got bought out. The site has dropped thousands upon thousands of links from its directory already. Forget Reddit too. If any Social BM, go with StumbleUpon and if you are in a position to do so, buy into their Paid Discovery Service. It is affordable, accurate and just outstanding! Best advice for traffic is to seek out sites who would be interested/similar to your topical articles and offer a link swap.

James

1. carol7777 profile image84
      carol7777posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like good advice. Do you need a big following to have some luck on Stumbleupon??

1. jacharless profile image80
        jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Carol,
        No, not a big following is required. It usually happens automatically, due to a very fine tuned Taxonomy and recently their Folksonomy as well. If people find your articles even remotely interesting, they come in droves. One article I had, on my older food site, landed upwards of 4,500 Unique Visitors every day for the first month, consistently. As a result other articles did well too. Almost half a million UV in a few short months. I should have used their Paid Discovery initially, but was lazy about it. lol. Ended up getting locked by the 100 domain-link limit. People were sharing it all over the place!

James.

I belong to it but not sure how to add links and information.  Is there a place on the site that explains it?  Thanks for any help.  I guess we all need it from time to time.

1. jacharless profile image80
            jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is the Paid Discover Help Desk
            This is the General Account Help Section

It is a good idea to not overly promote the same domain {or sub.domain}, for that, you should upgrade to Paid Discovery, where you an promote a domain better.

Hope this assists!
            James.

Appreciate the help a lot!  Thanks so much.

4. georgescifo profile image51
    georgescifoposted 5 years ago

I have just quitted Digg after its new layout update..

5. mias profile image60
    miasposted 5 years ago

I guess stumble upon will be a better option than Digg. They seem to have a better structure if you dont post too often.

6. karthikkash profile image90
    karthikkashposted 5 years ago

Apart from FB, twitter and pinterest, I am very much active on stumble upon and a bit active on tumblr. I have seen good traffic from stumble upon. Within a day of posting my links on stumble upon, my links start getting an amazing traffic. That is definitely my best bet apart from FB and twitter.

By the way, any idea if I can get good traffic from tumblr?

7. SilverRingvee profile image61
    SilverRingveeposted 4 years ago

In my opinion digg is quite useless for getting watches for hubpages, igot about 10 maybe.

working