jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How to add a Table to a blog/web template?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

I like the table capsule we have in Hubpages. I have searched for web gadget to add a similar table to my blog (set up like a website). I have had no luck with this. Anyone know where this can be found?
    With the traffic drop of today, I am not going to  use my time posting material in my hubs, but on my blog instead. I can get as much traffic there, considering the current situation on HP.  (And that is not good, really)

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It depends what you've used to set up your site.  A Wordpress plugin will only work on a Wordpress site.

If you can paste in HTML, then you could try one of these table generators:

http://www.quackit.com/html/html_table_generator.cfm
      http://tableizer.journalistopia.com/

I tried to go and look at it, but the "website" link on your profile takes me to Facebook instead.

Most people these days think a personal website is the way to go, since Google is looking for "authority" sites these days.  Provided you are writing about a single subject area, your own site should ultimately work better than writing on rev-sharing sites.

Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marissa. It is a single niche site. Have found a template I really like. Really liked the quackit link. It can help.
        I haven't added the link to my profile yet. I do need to add it.

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 4 years ago

There's a wordpress plugin called TablePress. Not sure if it's usable with other platforms. I have yet to try it out.

BTW..the traffic drop was a problem with the Hubpages stats, not an actual drop in traffic (probably). They should have it rectified soon, along with the ad revenue stats.

Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link. The site is on blogger, but plan on another site also soon and this link could work with it.

working