jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Swapping blog links could jeopardize your Google AdSense account

1. nuffsaidstan profile image83
    nuffsaidstanposted 4 years ago

Anyone else have their own blog? I have a blog at <link snipped> if anyone has their own blog and would like to add my site to their blog roll i will certainly reciprocate and put yours on mine, of course on your own blog you can add backlinks to your hub pages so if anybody wants to take part just let me know, regards

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Nice idea, but please bear in mind that these days, Google hates to see unrelated links on a blog.  So make sure you only accept links to blogs and Hubs which are in the same subject area as yours, or you will get Google slapped!

Also, links in a blogroll are not particularly valuable.  Far more valuable is a link within a blog post, so it's much better to write a guest blog post for each other, than to simply swap links.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As @marisa accurately stated, Google penalizes content with unrelated links, so link exchanges are not the best idea and could put your AdSense account in jeopardy.

3. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Google removed all Ads from my most popular blog due to unrelated links and some other reasons that they never quite explained - rather than trying to figure it out I decided to delete my blog - didn't want to jeopordize my adsense account.

My other blog isn't quite as successful, and needs to be updated as I have quite a few entries that are an introduction to a longer article (another thing Google no longer likes!) - it's a blog on Book reviews - so if your blog is similar let me know and I'll update the blog and then link to you!!!

1. nuffsaidstan profile image83
      nuffsaidstanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply Simey, my blog is based around strange stuff UFOs, Cryptozoology etc thats the kind of links im looking for.

Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your old blog got slapped for unrelated links, so now you're offering an unrelated link on your new site?

It would make a lot more sense to ask nuffsaidstan to write a guest book review on a book in his subject area, and he can then safely include a link to his site.

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why is another blog about book reviews an unrelated link? What I meant was that if the blog in question is a book review blog then I'd link - I wouldn't link to it otherwise.

I agree with the guest posting idea though.......but if I add a link to his blog isn't that still an unrelated link even though he has a guest post on my blog.

1. profile image0
          Miriam Weissmannposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I understood what you meant. Artificial backlinking (and a lot of unrelated links) killed my old blog, so now I'm very careful with my new one, but this sounds like a good idea if you ask me.

Sorry Simey, missed this post.  I assumed you would've visited the link to his site (which is in his first post), before you made the offer - that's why I thought it didn't make sense.

With the guest post thing, I wasn't suggesting a reciprocal link.  Reciprocal links are less valuable than one-way links anyway.   Sure, that means you don't get a backlink - you don't want it, because it's unrelated - but you do get a free blog post, which you don't have to write, and he gets a backlink.   So you both win.

4. nuffsaidstan profile image83
    nuffsaidstanposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice, yes i'm aware about Google not liking unrelated blog links perhaps i should have made it clear that i am looking for blogs in a similar vein to mine, many thanks

5. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

The name of my main blog is such that I can throw anything and everything in there, including the kitchen sink. big_smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub about a bathroom sink - would that work??? big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hub of the Day, no less! It is done. smile

Just curious, do you get many readers?   The accepted advice is that you have to concentrate on one subject if your blog is to have any chance of success, so if you've been able to buck that trend it would be good to know.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I get more daily visitors on that blog than all my other niche blogs combined. Go figure... big_smile

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Maybe you're the exception that proves the rule...

1. snerfu profile image75
      snerfuposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tip Marisa. It is sound advice. Accept me as your fan.

Closed to reply

working