Just checked and there's $113 in my Google Adsense account

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

At last I have done it! As I explained in another thread I had got tired of checking only to find little progress in the way of making any money, but after all the questions about if I am getting clicks now and having just read Dorsi's payout thread I thought I'd go and see what is in my Google account and got the great surprise to find I have got $113!

I assume it is being paid next month.

I had a look in eBay and Amazon too and whilst there's nothing in the latter eBay has $1.36 for me from clicking - not a lot but it's a start!

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image62
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, Bard! I'll have to interview you for The Payout Chronicles smile

Bard of Elyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That would be brilliant, Ryan! Thank you! I look forward to hearing more from you on this!

2. mandybeau profile image58
      mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good to hear you write for the Hell of it, and you write exceptional Hubs to boot, so glad to hear someone not checking their accounts for the money, but just getting out there and letting us know what you know.

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Congrats Steve! You are on the roll smile

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

Bard, if you signed up for direct deposit it should be deposited around the 24/25th of April.  The 25th seems to be when it shows up most often for me.  Congratulations.  It will probably start building from here.

4. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thanks Misha and Lisa!

1. lawretta profile image61
      lawrettaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

congratulations Bard of Ely.You deserve it

5. BristolBoy profile image64
    BristolBoyposted 15 years ago

Well done.  I must admit it seems quite daunting that despite all of your hubs etc you have taken so long.  Still I guess it depends on content and everything.

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Good for you Bard!!!smile

7. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Congrats, it sure feels good doesn't it. Here is to many more lump sums like that.
    regards Zsuzsy

8. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Congrats Bard!! Your first payout- how exciiiittinng!!!!

9. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thanks for your messages, BristolBoy, AEvans, Lawretta, Zsuzsy and Dorsi!

10. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Bard!!!!  That is great news!!!

11. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 15 years ago

Congrats bard, this is such a news to celebrate.. This first cheque would mean a world to me.. however a long road to go ahead.. sharing this news shows us a ray of hope at the end of the tunnel.. thanx for sharing.

12. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 15 years ago

Congrats!!! You´ll see that the second one will arrive much quicker wink I have got my second one just under two months after the first one.

13. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Congratulations, Bard!

14. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thanks for your comments too, Anna Marie, Charanjeet, Funride and LondonGirl!

15. compu-smart profile image88
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Good job Bard!  ching ching wink

16. jyuva profile image58
    jyuvaposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!!! big_smile

17. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thank you, Compu-smart and Jyuva!

18. Ktoo profile image60
    Ktooposted 15 years ago

Hey that's $113 you didn't have before, and 3 digits is nothing to sneeze at.  Congratulations!  Maybe a year from now I can say the same!

19. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thanks, Ktoo, and good luck!

20. AshleyVictoria profile image60
    AshleyVictoriaposted 15 years ago

Congrats, that's wonderful!  I've been stuck on $.19 for MONTHS.  Patience is a virtue!

21. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thanks for your replies, Ashley and Mandy!

22. profile image0
    Rainbow Briteposted 15 years ago

adsense confuses me...they said they werent going to pay me until i reached $100 and then they said they wouldnt pay me until i got my "pin" and typed it in, and then the other day i noticed a direct deposit into my bank account by them for like 62 cents or something ridiculous like that, so idk wtf they're doing.

23. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

Rainbow, I'm assuming you're just getting set up.  If you went to set up the automatic electronic transfer for Google pay, what they probably did was deposit one or two small amounts of money (change) to verify that the account is yours.  If that's what the change is all about, you need to now go to your Google account to where you are given the chance to let them know you saw the deposit.  They will want  you to enter the amount(s) and the date (I believe).  That will mean your account has been verified as your own, and you should be all set.    I think you'll probably find it by going to Ad Sense and then "account", and then there should be the place where you enter the bank information. 

You should be getting a pin in the mail, and that, too, is something you have to confirm receipt of in your Google account. 

If I offered information you already know, and if your sixty-whatever cent deposit is something different - please disregard all the above.  smile

Once your account reaches a hundred dollars by the end of any month, you will be paid around the 24//25th of the following month.

24. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 15 years ago

Congrats Bard  smile

25. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thanks Shil, and thanks too to Lisa, for explaining to Rainbow Brite what is going on with the account payment. I agree with your explanation!

26. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

Kudos Bard! Ekele diri Chukwu: thanks be to God! But what happened to mine,i got $1.06 last five days,but just last 2 days,it went back to $0.00.What should be the problem?

Thank you!

All I can think of is you are viewing this months stats. See if you can look at last month's and see how much is there. We are only a couple of days into April so that would explain a low score.

27. profile image0
    TheSandmanposted 15 years ago

Maybe we should all pool our talent, stop hubpages or go on strike, and start our own website and get our own advertisers. Well it's just a thought, after all what would hub pages do without us.????

Well, I like it here and it get results for me! I tried having my own website years ago and wonderful as it was it hardly got any traffic and this is something I have learned well - it doesn't matter how good the info and images or music and video on a website are because if hardly anyone sees them it it is not much help in selling anything or promoting your name or spreading awareness.

Hubpages, besides having very helpful staff, a very interesting lot of articles, and a brilliant community, already has a top presence on the Internet so your hubs are bound to get seen.

28. accofranco profile image78

You are accurate Bald.I love hubpages anyway,even if i don't earn a dime through it,i'm glad being here,as it gives me the opportunity to air my views to a more audience,through my kinky but gradual improving articles.

29. accofranco profile image78

You are accurate Bard.I love hubpages anyway,even if i don't earn a dime through it,i'm glad being here,as it gives me the opportunity to air my views to a more audience,through my kinky but gradual improving articles.

30. kashifmahmood profile image40
    kashifmahmoodposted 15 years ago

That is good for you Bard smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)