jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

So far, I have yet to see any hub on the top page in SERP for anything

1. Dave Collado profile image83
    Dave Colladoposted 3 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to see any hub on the top page in SERP for anything. What about you? I'm not just talking about my own hubs, I'm saying all hubs in general never rank very high. The only way I am even able to find one is if I use the "intitle" operator, otherwise, forget about it.

1. GA Anderson profile image82
      GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dave, that is not unusual. #1 - #3 are a highly competitive listings. They usually go to topic specific sites that focus on the exact query.

For instance... a hub on pimples or kitchen redesign may be excellent, and maybe even the best resource for what the searcher is looking for - but... the big money sites that pay for expert SEO and Ads - and focus entirely on the topic -  will generally still outrank  that hub.

In my opinion, if a hub can crack page 1 it is a good hub. Still I have seen hubs rank #1. Back when Hurricane Katrina hit there was a hub that ranked #1. It was all about the pictures and keywords.

GA

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

I forgot what the explanation was but it had something to do with Google knowing what you search for. If several people used same words in their browser for a search, not every person is going to have the same thing on the first page.

3. Dave Collado profile image83
    Dave Colladoposted 3 years ago

Thank you GA, that makes a lot of sense. But same time, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the links on most of these hubs are nofollow? Then you also have the matter of subdomain vs rootdomain, and just the whole advertizing nature of hubpages in general.

working