jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Dropbox storage

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 19 months ago

Is anyone using Dropbox to save files? Seems popular, just wondering if anyone is haveing satisfactory results. Thanks.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it is a good place to save your Hubs.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I couldn't manage without my Dropbox. I keep all my files in there so I can access them from anywhere and with any device. Every photo I take automatically syncs to my DB as soon as my camera is within WiFi distance. Every course and workshop I purchase, every document, all my music, all my writing projects, every piece of art I create all go into DropBox.  I have the Pro subscription, as you can probably guess smile

I tried MS wotsit thing and it was horribly slow and cumbersome.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Yes,it is especially useful if you have several devices.

I am a little concerned about having all of my stuff floating out there in space, but I think it is still useful to transfer things to another device and then delete them from dropbox. Hope I am doing it right.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 19 months ago

I have used it when I had many large files I needed to make available to other people. It worked well for that.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 19 months ago

I have used it for transferring files from my dying computer to my new one. Also, someone sent me a large file of family photos ... It was a much better way to send than by eMail.

4. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 19 months ago

Yeah, it's great!

5. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 19 months ago

Dropbox it is! Thanks all!

6. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 19 months ago

I started to install Dropbox, but it said it would only work for a year. Apparently there is a fee after that. I deferred. Been using Gdrive, I guess I'll stick with that.

working