jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Sharing on Pinterest

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 18 months ago

How are you guys getting exposure via sharing on Pinterest? Just sharing to your own boards and people pick them up? Thanks.

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 18 months ago in reply to this

That's exactly what I do Jesse, just share to my own boards and my followers repin them. I get just as many if not more views through Pinterest than Google.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
        Jesse Drzalposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Jodah

2. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Yep, what Jodah said. For me as to percentages, I just checked and 20% to 25% of my traffic in the last 30 days came from Pinterest.

2. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 18 months ago

Mostly pin on my own boards and get repins. Lately have been following or pinning more of others onto mine. I get steady activity from Pinterest but not a lot. Here's the breakdown from most traffic to least traffic:
    Google (roughly, 85-90%)
    HubPages
    Yahoo
    Bing
    Pinterest

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Ya know... I haven't repinned any other pinners' pins in ages. So I worked up the energy to do a couple. I have no idea what the culture is there as to people there doing pin-backs the way follow-backs are done in other places.

1. janshares profile image91
        jansharesposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Me either, para. I just know I should be participating more.

3. Lipnancy profile image93
    Lipnancyposted 18 months ago

I resisted Pinterest for many years thinking it was a just another site to build. But in an effort to attract more readers  to my hubs, I decided to try it. I followed the rules as outlined in the hubpages forum. I added friends and made useful comments to pins. Also follow anyone who follows you. When you first begin, add many  people, it is amazing how many follow you back.

I also started actively creating my own boards in on the subjects of my hubs as well as many others. I make a general rule, if someone follows me, I try to repin at least 2 of their pins.

To my surprise, I started seeing a steady stream of traffic from Pinterest. I usually only pin my own hubs once, but somehow people are seeing them. I do notice a surge in traffic to my hubs when I am more active pinning.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 18 months ago in reply to this

At least half of my views come from Pinterest.  For someone like myself who writes about a craft, it is essential.  My pins are repinned daily.  I love Pinterest.

4. chef-de-jour profile image86
    chef-de-jourposted 18 months ago

Pin, follow, re-pin, then repeat on a regular basis.

5. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 18 months ago

WryLilt is a Hubber and Pinterest early adapter who is terrific at driving traffic from Pinterest to her HP articles and websites. She shares her advice in this hub: http://hubpages.com/business/How-to-Gen … -Pinterest

edit: Here's another one from WryLilt: http://hubpages.com/technology/How-To-M … ns-Traffic

working