Would you like me to follow you on Pinterest?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (38 posts)
  1. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 11 years ago

Would you like me to follow you on Pinterest?

I recently joined Pinterest because I've been seeing an increase in traffic from there. (Thanks to the people who pinned my hubs!!) Because it obviously helps to be following others, I'm more than happy to follow other hubbers.

I'm wondering if it would be advantageous for all of us to follow or 'like' each other ...  Anyway, I'm willing to follow hubbers who give their Pinterest names in the comments here. No surprises with my name there, I am LTM LongTimeMother.  Anyone interested in swapping follows?

2. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 11 years ago

Excellent idea, here is my Pinterest name...
    gousmiah

Thanks, i'll follow back.

LongTimeMotherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Found you there. smile

3. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 11 years ago

Have followed you from your profile page Longtimemother

Thanks, sallybea. I just logged in and saw your smiling face. Followed you back. smile

4. Careermommy profile image76
    Careermommyposted 11 years ago

Hi LongTimeMother, great idea!  Here's my Pinterest link: http://pinterest.com/CareerMother/.  I will follow you as well!

Hi Careermommy.  I followed your link . This system is working well. smile

5. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 11 years ago

I don't know whether the big batch of followers suddenly showing up can be attributed to hp or to natural growth as my pins spread, but I'm just following back everyone who shows up on my page.

I guess the value of putting your pin name on this thread is that other hubbers who pin can also look for you.  smile

6. Randy M. profile image74
    Randy M.posted 11 years ago

Randymcl on Pinterest.  I will look you up for a follow there. I think it a quick and visually appealing way to post and find out new things and interestingly people.

Got it, thanks Randy.

2. jlpark profile image79
      jlparkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Followed!

7. JosephSorbara profile image61
    JosephSorbaraposted 11 years ago

Hello! If you want to gain a good follower gathering, try to keep your board in similar topics and re-pin Pinterest members in the same genre as you. I wrote a Hub on improving your Pinterest search engine rankings if you are interested!

"http://josephsorbara.hubpages.com/"

*Creating community boards also helps!

Hi Joseph. Welcome to HP. Good topic for your first hub.  As a pro photographer, pinning should be heaven for you.  Via my Profile page there's a hub about using text capsules etc that might help lift your ratings so more people see it.  smile

2. Dreolan profile image78
      Dreolanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Read your post and now understand Pinterest a bit better, so thanks very much!  I will work on my braver side and try getting something up on there soon.

8. Dreolan profile image78
    Dreolanposted 11 years ago

Yes, please.  There is not much to follow yet, since I am new to Pinterest and still kind of figuring it all out, but will take all the help and support I can get, thank you!  Address is http://pinterest.com/dreolan/.  I will follow in return....as soon as I get that figuring out thing down.

Hi Dreolan.  I found you on pinterest. As soon as you create a board, I'll jump in as a follower. (Giving you incentive to be brave and try creating one, lol.)  Followed you here at HP already though. Lots of interesting topics.  See you round.  smile

2. Teresa Schultz profile image66
      Teresa Schultzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi, also found you on Pinterest hoping to pick a board or two to follow, but no boards yet - I add to the incentive LongTimeMother is giving you - get a board or two up as soon as you can smile

9. mkjohnston81 profile image77
    mkjohnston81posted 11 years ago

I agree, this is an awesome idea!  Here is my link:  http://pinterest.com/mkjohnston81/
    and I am now following you!  I also just recently joined Pinterest.

Found you, mkj. Done. smile

2. jlpark profile image79
      jlparkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Done! Following you here, so why not there!

10. jlpark profile image79
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

Hi - awesome idea. I've just followed you.
    http://www.pinterest.com/spunkyjax

Thanks!

LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Followed you back, jlpark. You could follow the other hubbers listed here as well. Hopefully they will respond in kind. smile

11. Teresa Schultz profile image66
    Teresa Schultzposted 10 years ago

I will look at the HubPages profiles of those who have expressed interest (on this page) in being followed or doing following on Pinterest, and hope to find their Pinterest link there too. I hope some do the same for me. I don't like to leave self-promoting links in comments, and I think it is discouraged by HubPages.

I like using Pinterest to gather ideas into albums (Pinterest boards) and sometimes also like to pin images from my own sites in the hope that doing so will increase traffic to my sites if other Pinterest members repin my pins.

However, I think following and re-pinning should be done only if the images in somebody's board really interest the follower. Although it's good to stick to a niche when promoting your own site's pins on Pinterest, I do also think it's good to have a variety of images or boards, (and different types of images on your own sites) in an effort to gain Pinterest followers (and repinners) who wouldn't have normally been interested in the main topic of one's site that one is trying to promote on Pinterest.

Also, on Pinterest, I try to remember to take note of where the pin I want to repin is linking to - if it's just to Google or Bing or a site using somebody else's images (with no credit to the original creator of the image), instead of to the image's original source site, I don't like to repin the pin. This is a pain sometimes when I want to store an idea in one of my Pinterest boards, but then first have to go look for the original source of the image instead of simply repinning somebody else's pin! I slip up sometimes, I think, and really should find the time to go through all my pins and check if I should have been repinning some or not.

Looks like I've used this answer to give myself a talking to, or I got side-tracked. I'm going to stop blabbing and go find you all on Pinterest.

Update: have followed at least one board on all of your Pinterest accounts (of all who have answered this question so far). I encourage you all, other than JosephSorbara to get some more boards and pins up.

Hello Teresa. It would be bad form to leave a self-promoting link in the comments on someone's hub, but this is a question where I invited pinterest names, so I consider links in these comments to be helpful shortcuts. smile  Followed you back. Thanks.

2. Teresa Schultz profile image66
      Teresa Schultzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the follow, LongTimeMother smile

12. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 10 years ago

Last year pinterest reported hub pages for spamming and so I think we need to be cautious.  I usually pin recipe hubs on my boards and share hubs I like with my followers on hub pages.  I am not saying this is not a good idea, just that we should be cautious.

Thanks for the thought Lizam1. Pinterest encourages people to find their friends on facebook, invite them to join, then follow them. This is just a hubber's equivalent.   Feel free to leave your pin name or link if you want to join in. smile

13. Chris Achilleos profile image78
    Chris Achilleosposted 10 years ago

Hi LongTimeMother, my Pinterest URL is:
    http://pinterest.com/cachilleos/
    I am also knew to this site and would love to follow other fellow Hubbers. I will be more than happy to follow back.
    Have a lovely day
    Chris Achilleos

Your link worked fine, Chris. Following you now. smile

14. profile image0
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7943507_f260.jpg

Hi LongTimeMother.
    My Pinterest name is Lisa Brown.
    I'll check your boards out.
    Lisa

Thanks, Lisa. Following you now.
      My problem with checking out people's boards too often is my satellite internet connection. Some days it would be nice to be back on the grid to take full advantage of technology. smile

15. mydubstepstudio profile image60
    mydubstepstudioposted 10 years ago

great idea! I will definitely follow you on pinterest.

Hi Paul. Welcome to HP. There seems to be a few pinners with your name, so I'll have to wait for you to follow me first. If you add another comment here with a link to your pin page, other hubbers will be able to find you on pinterest too. smile

16. livinggood profile image60
    livinggoodposted 10 years ago

Sounds great, sign me up. I need more followers on Pinterest. I am Robert Thomas on Pinterest.

Hi Robert. I see you as a follower for me, and am now following you too. smile  Want to add a link for hubbers to follow? Lots of Robert Thomas pinners. (Or they can find you on my list of followers, I guess.)

2. livinggood profile image60
      livinggoodposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I forgot to put Pinterest address on. Thank you for following me. I enjoy writing and also reading all your interesting stories. Here's my link for Pinterest. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
      http://pinterest.com/robthom116/

17. profile image51
    Doreen-Marieposted 10 years ago

I love Pinterest and will follow you!  Follow me too smilehttp://pinterest.com/doreen016/boards/

1. profile image51
      Doreen-Marieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I will follow anyone who follows me!  I am a teacher, crafter, artist, gardener, decorator, fashion crazy lady and a mother!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)