Easy Free Website Builders

1. lambservant profile image95
    lambservantposted 8 months ago

I have a friend in a band. Currently they have a website on Wordpress. The member who got it up and running can no longer manage it. My friend is the only one who has the time for it but finds it horribly complicated. I wrote for a website on WP for a time and couldn't believe how user unfriendly it was. She is not tech-savy. What are some decent, free, website builders that are user friendly@ They're not looking for a fancy website, but simple and nice  and easy to use.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago

I don't think Wordpress is particularly difficult.   If it's complicated, it's usually because someone has chosen to add all kinds of bells and whistles that aren't necessary. 

We had a good example recently, where a Hubber had added a whole heap of unnecessary plugins to his new blog - the great majority of them had no purpose.

If they just want a simple website to showcase their band, then I'd suggest Wordpress.com (not Wordpress software on a host).   You don't need to worry about plugins, updating, or any of that stuff.

working