I am infuriated over Microsoft's release of Windows 7 aka Vista SP3.

1. iknowtoomuch profile image54
    iknowtoomuchposted 8 years ago

I am infuriated over Microsoft's release of Windows 7 aka Vista SP3.

I lost track of the amount of time I spent reformatting and reinstalling Vista when it was first released.  There were never answers I upgraded twice.  First to Vista Ultimate 32 bit then to Vista Ultimate 64 bit hoping that would help solve the problems which turned out to be the operating system.   Vista's release was not very successful and it developed a bad reputation so instead of the planned SP3 they changed the entire name and expect us to pay full price to upgrade to Windows 7?  Come on.  Linux here we come?

2. BrianLeanza profile image55
    BrianLeanzaposted 8 years ago

Windows 7 is NOT an upgrade of Vista ... I am a die hard Mac user myself but at work I have to use Windows. Comparing Windows 7 to Vista does Microsoft's new OS absolutely no justice. It is like saying Apple's Leopard was an upgrade to Tiger.

You should give Windows 7 a try ... currently it is still freely available to the public for testing.

As for Linux: sure, go ahead an use Linux. If it makes you happy, nobody keeps you from using it. Linux is secure, stable, and has more distributions on the market than you can shake your stick at ... not sure if that is what YOU are looking for.

3. profile image53
    franki79posted 8 years ago

I would not go with Vista, I've heard of too many probs with it, we have xp home edition but my bf has to use Vista at work and he doesn't like it.
       To be honest he built our computer after vista came out and he still went with XP,,, If I were you I would just back to XP. I don't know anything about Linux, but I wouldn't waste anymore time .
       I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Closed to reply