What Do I Need To Do To Get The Best Out Of My Laptop Battery
The first question that came to my mind is what kind of battery do you have? There are certain basics that I think apply to all batteries like never keep it in an area where the temperature is too cold or too hot. . but there is conditioning and calibration of batteries that help prolong its life and I think that each type of battery differs.
well if ur not actually using the battery on your laptop and its plugged in you should take the battery out ''obviously if its fully charged'' as you are draining the life out of it. So when you really do need it or come to use it is life will not last too long. x
Most modern laptops have lithium-ion batteries. Unlike older types of batteries you do not have to take special care ... all you have to make sure is to 'keep the juices flowing'.
In other words: no need to make the laptop draining its battery before recharging. No need to fully charged the battery before using it off the plug again.
Simply make sure you use the laptop every now and then.
Apple has some good information which can be found here:
Battery maintenance Tips and Steps to find replacement batteries for your Laptop
If you are confused in finding the right replacement battery for your laptop, this article will guide you to buy right laptop batteries.
1. Make a note of your laptop Brand, Model and Series (Ex:Dell Inspiron 1000 series related Dell Inspiron laptop batteries
2. You can find the model and series number at bottom of your Laptop or in Manual provided with Laptop.
3. Search Online to find the stores dealing with laptop batteries (Ex: Dell Inspiron 1000 series laptop battery).
4. Find the relevant store that carries the required laptop battery.
5. Look that your laptop series is listed in compatible list.
6. Ensure the image in the store matches your laptop battery.
7. Many stores sell at cheaper price and don’t give the warranty, Beware of such stores.
8. Check the quality assurance and warranty period before shopping.
If you still have confusion in finding laptop batteries, Ring up to tech support and you will be assisted by the live technician in getting the required battery. Clear all your queries related to quality, backup time, warranty etc and go for shopping.
Listed below are some of the recommended laptop batteries dealers:
Laptop battery maintenance Tips:
1. If you are not using your laptop for long period of time remove the battery from the laptop.
2. It is Safe to remove the battery, make sure that it is charged to 40% and store it in a dry, warm place.
3. Make sure that it is wrapped protectively and nothing will be dropped on it.
4. Every laptop battery should be re-installed every 3-4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge
5. Storing Battery in a place for long period of time without using, it could cause the battery to fully discharge as the circuitry of the battery itself consumes power.
6. Make sure to plug your laptop into an uninterrupted power source (UPS) not directly into an outlet or surge protector.
7. Do not expose the battery to high heat or freezing temperatures.
8. Fully charge new battery packs before use. New pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity.
9. Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the battery.
10. Do not drop, hit or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
Change your Dell laptop batteries and adapters at more affordable price, visit http://www.blazintech.net
by Average Writer 8 years ago
what is the best way to charge a (new) laptop battery for the first time?
by Tammy Cornett 8 years ago
We keep hearing different things, so I thought I'd ask here. Can you keep it plugged in all the time, even when the battery is charged, since you're sitting at a desk, and don't need the battery at that time? Or is it best to unplug it as soon as it's charged, use it until the battery...
by Cuttler 6 years ago
Is it possible to revive a dead laptop battery?my HP laptop battery is so low on capacity nowadays. Please advice on whether or not it is possible to revive it. Thanks
by zainali88 8 years ago
Laptops users know the critical importance of the battery and itâ��s life. Users who carry their laptops with them know it well that the performance of the whole system depends alot on the battery power. The more the standby time it gives the more convenient it will be for you. But to keep the...
by girly_girl09 10 years ago
Well, I just found out that a project for work fell through because of lack of funding (what else is new? lol). That being said, I am also officially done with my classes for the semester (YAY!) and have TONS of free time on my hands! I have a lot of catching up to do as I haven't published very...
by ngureco 7 years ago
Do You Know Anything I Can Do To Revive My Dead Laptop Battery?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|