jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does the iPhone allow internet browsing, for example can you use Google Search t

1. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Does the iPhone allow internet browsing, for example can you use Google Search the same?

Do the internet browsing pages appear just like on your home computer?

2. The_Boss profile image64
    The_Bossposted 8 years ago

I do not have an iPhone, but I'm pretty sure you can. However, I don't believe the pages look exactly the same, but they are recognizable.

3. TV Mount Guy profile image56
    TV Mount Guyposted 8 years ago

Mobile web browsing is different from an actual computer, but the iPhone is a very good platform for mobile web.  Except for the slow speed of ATT network as compared to Verizon, the web browsing is very nice and the iPhone ability to zoom in makes it quite usable.

4. Devon Buy profile image56
    Devon Buyposted 8 years ago

I have used Mobile Internet Explorer and Opera on Windows Mobile Edition touchscreen phones (XDA II), as well as Web on Symbian phones (Nokia E90 and N95) and I must admit, the Safari web browser on the iPhone is by far the best device in its class when it comes to web surfing. Of course, nothing beats a desktop or laptop for this purpose, but for a handheld pocketable device, the iPhone comes close. You can actually surf for hours without feeling tired. The easy finger-flicks, double-taps and multi-touch pinch and zoom makes this all possible, even on a 320 x 480 screen resolution. Coupled with seamless integration with wifi, 3G and EDGE connectivity, the iPhone is yet to be beaten, IMHO. Previously, the Nokia E90 with its 800-pixel widescreen was the best I have used.