jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What should I do if my computer keeps showing a warning, "virtual memory minimum

1. pseudoyou profile image55
    pseudoyouposted 8 years ago

What should I do if my computer keeps showing a warning, "virtual memory minimum too low"?

Could this be the reason why I computer would crash and show me a blue screen that says "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"? Thanks

2. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

Virtual memory is nothing but the free spaces left in C drive and other partitions of your computer's hard disk. Try cleaning them, remove unwanted files so that the system will get sufficient virtual memory needed for normal functioning.

3. profile image54
    dickersonkaposted 8 years ago

It might also be a problem with how many programs are running at the same time, or with spyware, but who knows without looking into it.

Right click on my computer -> click properties
    Click advanced
    Click performance
    Click settings
    Click advanced
    There you will see how much virtual memory is assigned
    It will also say what is recommended and currently allocated, please report back with these numbers

4. profile image48
    kailaskposted 8 years ago

This would mean that your RAM (randam access memory) is very low and you are opeining a lot of application at one time - meaning too many files are open at one time. You need to either only open applications you are working on at present or increase your RAM.
    Thanks

working