jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

DO YOU BELIEVE IN BEING GREEN ? AND IF NO ,WHAT IS THE REASON ?

1. profile image49
    londonguy1posted 8 years ago

DO YOU BELIEVE IN BEING GREEN ? AND IF NO ,WHAT IS THE REASON ?

2. oxymoron profile image55
    oxymoronposted 8 years ago

What do you mean by being green? if you refer to green living, I think it's good

3. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

I think the 'green movement,' if that is what you are referring to, has some problems in the way that it is being packaged and sold to the American people, and frankly the world. I wrote a hub a few days ago "Climate Change and the Issue of the Falling Sky" where I discuss my thoughts in more detail.

Long and short, though, is that I do think we have environmental concerns and that we absolutely should take care of the earth. But it must be for a different set of reasons than what's being presented in say, the climate change issue. I think it's safe to say climate change is real, but that man is not influencing it. That said, man IS polluting, and that pollution, if continued, will have an impact on the environment in other damaging ways.

I believe in being green. But I also believe in being realistic about it.

4. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

I grant there is a need to be green.  The carrying capacity of earth FOR HUMANS has been exceeded.  There are shortages of arable land, fresh water, ocean fish, mineral resources, energy sources.  There is pollution that cannot be expeditiously disposed of.  These problems have been caused by overpopulation.  Overpopulation has been caused by people with an uncontrollable "need to breed", who are pumping out litters of spawn with no more thought of consequences than cats, rats, and dogs.

Since I have not contributed to the problem, I am not going to be "green" unless someone sticks a gun to my head.  And that is coming, unfortunately.

All you religious wackos and cultural idiots with your "go forth and be fruitful" crapola mantras -- YOU be green.  You are the effing problem,  Not me.

"If you are against birth control and abortion, you are a effing idiot -- LITERALLY."

5. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

I personally think this "Green" thing is just super manipulation and more than a conspiracy, to force the countries around the world to submit to Europe and the Banks of Europe, so World domination and energy supplies can be in their control.

The earth creates co2 all by itself and nothing will survive without it.

working