jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My favourite DVD no longer plays. I get a 'bad disc' message. Any DIY ideas abou

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

My favourite DVD no longer plays. I get a 'bad disc' message. Any DIY ideas about how I can fix it?

My DVD player is fine, but it's saying 'bad disc' and will no longer load my favourite DVD

2. hqtan2003 profile image56
    hqtan2003posted 8 years ago

Maybe your disc bad, change another new disc, and put it in your DVD to see if it works

3. profile image0
    Georgiana85posted 8 years ago

Slim chances to make it work again, but if you have minor scratches, you can try rubbing it off with a pencil eraser and than a clean fiber cloth. If you scratches are deeper, try a polish solution and clean cloth. Also if you have an old DVD player around something that reads DVD's at lower speed, it may be able to do the job. BTW, there are more solutions if you type fixing a scratch DVD on youtube.

Regards

4. BronsonTech profile image57
    BronsonTechposted 8 years ago

Either your disc has gone bad and unfortunately will have to get another copy, I always make backup copies of my DVD's.

Or you could have some crud on your lasers lens. Do you have a DVD cleaner, have you ever cleaned the lens on a DVD player?

If you player plays other disks fine, then its your disk that's bad, if the machine won't play other disks, then clean the lens or you have to find a new machine cause repairs will cost you more than buying a new one.

5. RickyRock profile image54
    RickyRockposted 8 years ago

Try to clean it up with CD clean kit. And try it in another DVD player.

6. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 7 years ago

There are disc cleaners you can buy, or you can try to polsih the disc and remove a thin layer from the top, hopefully buffing out the scratches. This is a last resort though. Your disc may just be too scratched...

working