jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can I set up my VCR Video player to my laptop? I want to put video's on CD

1. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Can I set up my VCR Video player to my laptop? I want to put video's on CD

2. profile image53
    franki79posted 8 years ago

I don't know anything about that, the only thing I could tell you is to get a cd/dvd burner, not sure how much those'll run you. There is this other thing a diviniex,. or something like that, it lets you burn more on a cd but you gotta make sure ur dvd player is compatible with it. That might be more expensive to do since it is newer than dvds. I'm not sure how much a dvd player will run you. It depends on brand
    I could suggest a couple of websites newegg.com and umm,,,, ummm,,,, I would tell you the other if I could think of it. I'll have to tell you later.
    Sorry if I couldn't be more help
    Franki

3. retellect profile image74
    retellectposted 8 years ago

The best solution for that is an external usb tv tuner card. They have inputs so you can watch and record video from many sources. Connect it to a dvd player, set top box, game console or VHS. You can save the videos and burn them to dvd or cd. Most tuners come with the software so you can burn the video on dvds, vcd ( video cd that you can play in dvd player) and normal data cd. I recommend the Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T USB Stick.

4. profile image43
    Doug4006posted 8 years ago

There is a special cable and CD program sold at Radio Shack for around $40.00. I bought one about 3 months ago and it works great.  It converts analog signals to digital.  Hopes this helps.  ( I had to order mine from radioshack.com,,,my local store does not stock this item) so shipping cost may apply UNLESS you have it shipped to your local Radio Shack, in that case it is shipped free.

5. Brian Leighton profile image62
    Brian Leightonposted 8 years ago

Yes you can do this very easily and there are many simple USB devices (Belkin, Haupage etc.) that allow you to connect your VCR to them and then just plug into your laptop.

Once you connect things up, If you have Microsoft Windows XP/Vista then I suggest that you use the free pre-installed Windows Movie Maker program to capture your video and it will also allow you to burn to CD/DVD.

working