jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does one cleanup a computer ?

1. Peace2009 profile image60
    Peace2009posted 7 years ago

How does one cleanup a computer ?

Windows Vista running slow

2. lifeisabeach profile image58
    lifeisabeachposted 7 years ago

I tend to download Lavasoft's Ad Aware (the free version is sufficient) to get rid of malware.

Then I go to the disk cleanup application in Vista which scans the computer and gives some tips to what you can do.

These are easy tips which will improve the computer's speed, and only take you 30 minutes of work.

3. johnsams profile image69
    johnsamsposted 7 years ago

I use tuneup utilities 2010, first run "Gain disc space" which removes temp files, caches, recycle bin, then run "Clean registry" which would remove invalid or registry entries that are no longer in use. > and finally defragment registry. My Pc starts working fine again. Oh but that is when you are sure that you dont have any virus on your pc. I use kaspersky internet security so no issues with viruses. big_smile

Cheers!

4. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

If your computer allows you to perform maintenance. do a disk clean and a Defrag. I also use AVG a free virus protection.

5. Wechito profile image54
    Wechitoposted 7 years ago

CCleaner is a free utility that does a great job cleaning up the registe, temporary files, memory, internet history... pretty much everything you should to do a good maintenance of your computer.

working