jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)

Hubpages opening really slow?

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

I'm having a dickens of a time getting from one tab to another but only here on hubpages. Is anyone else having problems. Since yesterday I've wasted more time for pages to open then I've done reading. I shut things down as it's just tooooo frustrating to wait.
    ????????????Is it just me?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think all communicative transmissions are frozen in Ontario, as everything else is.

Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Rochelle you might have a point there, it's bloody cold and miserable out there. My theory is that hubpages being located in California just doesn't want to transmit or whatever it's called over the internet to my computer because its too cold here...

2. Shirley Anderson profile image77
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I don't get that all the time, but periodically.  Usually, when I'm in the biggest hurry, too.

For about a week, I couldn't load it at all now and again.  I don't know what does that, but if anyone does, I'd love to hear how to fix it!

Thanks for asking the question, Zsuzsy!

Even posting this here on the forums took almost 2 minutes. I left to do some of my work elsewhere on-line and it works perfectly fine there so I don't think it's my 'puter. I've never had this happen this bad before.

(and look I'm being punished for complaining by my hubscore going down to 94 from 98-99 where it usually sits... just kidding about being punished)

3. guidebaba profile image59
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

It happens to me too often. I just hit Ctrl+R or close the browser and reopen it. If still doesn't works, I just get the hell out of HP.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

No, you are not the only one.  I have had a few times when it has crashed and it was only hubpages. Today it was very slow at around 10:50 am est.  I wonder if it is doing some kind of maintenance at that particular time?
    Last week it crashed a few times and I just left and when and do other things on other sites.  It gets very frustrating when you are doing a hub and it freezes on ou.  I was doing one the day before yesterday and when it came back on from saving it -------there was nothing there--at all, well just the amazon capsules.  I had to rebuild the whole thing!  Now that was frustrating!!

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91

'....weird now its speedy like it usual is. Maybe there were some gremlins visiting?????

Nope it's done it again with this posting... Oh well I'm out of here for now I can't handle this

6. Shirley Anderson profile image77
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I just responded to a comment and instead of posting it, I got the "HubPages is doing routine maintenance" or something like that.  It only took about 10 seconds and I was able to get back on, though.

7. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I haven't had any problems...  The only time my internet was acting up, it pretty much broke for HP and all the other tabs that I had up at the time. So that wasn't an HP thing but a computer/internet in general problem... At least on my part...

8. Dottie1 profile image76
    Dottie1posted 8 years ago

Same problems for me.  I thought it was my computer until I ranted and raved in front of my husband while almost killing my computer that it was too slowwwww!  He did some testing and said it was definitely a hubpages problem.  I guess there is nothing we can do, except call for hubpages management help...... I'll start, H E L P  us hubpages team management before we go insane.....Thank you very very much in advance! smile

9. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 8 years ago

I ran all kinds of tests on my pc and did all the usual cleanups and scandisk even thought I might have a worm so did my AV. Didn't help at all. I think it has to do with an infux in traffic on hubpages at certain times. Today it's just fine. It really is aggravating when it hits.

10. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91

I'm glad its not just me... It's just too frustrating... My latest hub was finished the only thing still remaining was the rss and the link capsules. I finally gave up and came back to it in two sessions. It's definitely the gremlins. back later

11. Ryan Hupfer profile image68
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

http://blog.jooce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/gremlins.jpg

1. Dottie1 profile image76
      Dottie1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Bad Gremlin, you BAD!

12. Julie-Ann Amos profile image56
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

Hub pages are opening INCREDIBLY slow here too

It just isn't fun this way... and no feed back from the hubteam as of yet.

13. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

We monitor uptime and response times from locations all over the world, on a minute-by-minute basis.  We haven't seen any significant decline in performance of late, but we'll continue to comb through the data and see if we can figure out what is happening.

From where we are the site is performing as usual, and traffic, hub production, and all the other metrics we monitor are at normal levels.

Thank you Paul I really have no idea what is causing this but I'm still experiencing so many delays, actually since Friday night early Saturday and it's only here on hubpages. ....

14. rmshdc profile image59
    rmshdcposted 8 years ago

sometimes, here too it bit slow.  But it is not very bad anyway.

15. Julie-Ann Amos profile image56
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

me too - I spend hours working on a hub then can't save because the site is so slow... 1300 GMT seems to be a particularly bad time here.

working