jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what is good material to replace wood for construction industries..??? any idea?

1. NikenDiana profile image55
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

what is good material to replace wood for construction industries..??? any idea???

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

steel studding is becoming more popular.  Concrete is sometimes used.  Nearly everything from hay bales to adobe has been tried in modern times and there continues to be advances such as "foamed" concrete.

3. RunAbstract profile image79
    RunAbstractposted 7 years ago

Earthbags!  Please investigate them.  You'll be astonished.  Also papercrete is fantastic!

4. bettanywire profile image56
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

Metal, steel, cement, bricks or limestone they are good replacements for wood in constructions.

5. internett1t3 profile image55
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Most of the construction firm today uses cement,metals and bars in replacement for wood.

6. Steel Engineer profile image88
    Steel Engineerposted 5 years ago

I design buildings for the dairy industry. I have worked on 4 continents. I'm in Ukraine now. Basically, each culture learns to build with the material they have. Other factors are social, cultural, and infrastructure.

In Iran, they build their buildings with steel frames (they prefer German steel) and enclose the walls using unreinforced stone and mortar.

Here in Ukraine, despite the very strong lumber available (some of the strongest in the world), they prefer to build with stone or reinforced concrete.

However, the greatest increase in construction material today is coming in the steel industry. Advances in insulated panels, easy to install, and with very high R-values, are leading the way.

One group pushing for the replacement of wood in construction is the environmental group. I feel this is misplaced dedication. First, most wood in America today is grown in managed forests. Primarily in the U.S. southeast, esp. Georgia, lumber is a major industry. They are experts in root growth, drip lines, tree growth, and tree spacing. Additionally, North America is nearly covered in trees.

The "save the forests" campaign is actually a New World Order agenda. They declare national forests (e.g. Roosevelt), then give them to the United Nations (Clinton; 100% unconstitutional). They called them "biospheres". Really, there are more than 1 million foreign troops training there, waiting for the manufactured civil war to begin. They will come in as "UN" troops to enforce martial law.

The CIA trains MS13 and other gangs to start war. These camps are in S. America.

Ronald Reagan started REX84 in 1984. This is hundreds of concentration camps all across the United States.