jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any idea of what would cause the wood to go white used Orange Glo Furniture poli

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Any idea of what would cause the wood to go white used Orange Glo Furniture polish?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6042900_f260.jpg

2. Brooke profile image68
    Brookeposted 6 years ago

Hmmm, I am not sure.   I have never used Orange Glo before, but I have heard complaints of residue?  Does it seem like it bleached the wood or like it is a film over the top?

3. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

not sure either....did you put a lot on so that the wood was wet? wet wood will turn white...
    my only other thought is do you have a humidifier near the piece of furniture? Humidifiers will cause the things around them to have a white residue, but it usually comes off. Maybe try polishing it with something else...hopefully it will counter-act it.

4. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

Water will turn wood white so if the cleaner has water in it that could be the cause. I usually only use Pledge on mine.

According to Heloise, the household hint lady, take equal parts of toothpaste (not the gel kind) and baking soda and apply with a soft, damp cloth. Rinse out the cloth and wipe off any residue. When the finish is smooth, buff with a clean soft cloth. Restore color and shine by rubbing the spot with the meat of half a pecan, then buff.

Good luck.

5. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 6 years ago

Orange Glo, unlike their claims, usually leaves a milky white residue on hardwood floors and furniture (wood, in general).  In less words, this product is crap.
    Now, you need to find an ammonia-based solution to get the white film off, although I'm sure there are other natural alternatives like alcohol and vinegar.
    When I made that mistake, I found that a simple glass cleaner (like Windex) removed the white residue; cheers!

working