jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to buy the right desktop PC for you? Any tips?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

How to buy the right desktop PC for you? Any tips?

2. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Firstly, determine your usage for the PC.  Then set out the configuration on what you wish to have in a PC, before you source it out.  There are things, like the kind of Motherboard (Intel or AMD), Processor speed, RAM (most PC boards can take up to 4GB easily), Hard disk (if you are on databases, then speed is a necessity on large databases for retrieval), type of Graphic card (if you are into graphic designing and this can set you back abit for a good graphic card or Apple is a more desired PC to have with graphics).  You also need to decide whether an Apple is more suitable or a Windows one - alot of people swear by Apple, due to the lesser problems with viruses so rampant in the Internet.  The list can go on into more intricate details, if desired.

3. profile image0
    TanielHoustonposted 7 years ago

if you use it for multitasking get the AMD athlon processer. I will recommened you don't get a computer with Intel unless it's i5  or i7.

Have at least 4gb memory.  500gb hard drive at the min.

One of my desktop has ATI radeon graphics which is great to watch videos or movies on.

I suggest you look for those hings in a computer

4. internett1t3 profile image56
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

First and for most check first the specifications of the said and the hardware used as well.

working