WRT54G - changed password for router. Now trying to connect other devices to th

1. profile image47
    RoamingEyesposted 7 years ago

WRT54G - changed password for router.  Now trying to connect other devices to the ssid, the...

router password does not connect device to internet and says that the password is incorrect.  Am I missing something?

2. puter_dr profile image86
    puter_drposted 7 years ago

Maybe something fouled up when you set the password.

Do a hard reset, and set a new password again

to do a hard reset, Pressing the reset button on the back for 1 min...make sure that the power light blinks while this is done.

Keep holding the reset button and unplug the power cable... then release it after a few.. clear your browser cache... then plug it back in

3. curly-live profile image80
    curly-liveposted 7 years ago

RoamingEyes,

First let me clarify what is the password that you are referring to. If it's the password for the wireless network, there is no need to reset the router. All you need to do is access the router setup page and verify the correct password or network key. You can use the hub I created as a guide to do this. Click on the link below.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-the- … ess-Router

Now if it's the "router" password (by default is admin) is the issue, if you can't recall and tried all possible passwords; resetting the router to the factory defaults will be the last resort. I hope I was able to help you with your problem.

working