jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think of Google's new image search?

1. HoopBot profile image57
    HoopBotposted 7 years ago

What do you think of Google's new image search?

I think it's brilliant. Although they should have done it years ago, and the updates to their logo (the new one is fantastic; so clean and fresh yet simple as always) could have been done a long time ago, you can't deny its excellence, can you?

Also, what's the point of having 'Google Search' and 'I'm Feeling Lucky' when it does it automatically?

2. SuperiorInteriors profile image80
    SuperiorInteriorsposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I really like the image search too! I like having such an expansive selection of results in easy-to-see thumbnails. Also, I think Google really got rid of a lot of the clutter involved in the original image search UI. Not to mention, they've improved the results for the pictures you get to deliver even more relevant image results!

As for Google Instant and "I'm Feeling Lucky..." I see why they're both still around. If you go into it with an idea of what you're searching for already in mind, then the "Instant" won't really "change" your search or make it automatic in any way. Google Instant works much the same as Google Suggest did, and really, who paid attention to that? tongue The only difference is now the "Suggestions" are visual rather than just a drop-down text menu.

And "I'm Feeling Lucky" is still fun, because it cuts through all the "suggestions" entirely and drops you off on the page Google assumes you are looking for... which has never been super useful I've found, but has always been super fun!

But yes, I totally agree with you about the image search. So much better!

3. Info1 profile image59
    Info1posted 7 years ago

It is cool now and easy to navigate and the logo part is also fantastic.

4. krishubpages123 profile image31
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

yes, it is cool, and easy access the images, otherwise lot of links to go through to dive in our images, it is lot easy now...

working