jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best laptop for a child under $1,000

1. profile image44
    thenexttopmodelposted 7 years ago

What is the best laptop for a child under $1,000

2. MimiKat33 profile image76
    MimiKat33posted 7 years ago

I'm not sure of the model #, but Dell has the best laptops for the money in my opinion.  And they have a great tech support and setup system.  For kids, being kids, Dell also offers extra warranties that cover just dropping the laptop.

3. villanueva21 profile image76
    villanueva21posted 7 years ago

Laptop no, Netbooks yes. they are much smaller than laptops but they have the same usage as a laptop. I recommend you to get a netball.

4. profile image30
    nbbatt.composted 7 years ago

Don't give your child a laptop but netbook. Netbook is best for him or her. You can take HP 2133 mini-notebook,  you can find it on laptopsandparts4less. just search it on google.

5. Mireille G profile image68
    Mireille Gposted 7 years ago

netbook, laptop, that is silly one or the other is not important. What I think is more important is the parental control and the ease of use. For these two reasons I would give a mac. Even if I had to buy a refurbished one to stay under the $1000. Parental control are fantastic and you don't have to worry about virus software and so on. Only the sites you allow can be reached by the child, without additional software. My 10 year old has been on a mac since she was two and I would not put her on anything else. Hers is quite old now and still doing everything she needs so you can look for an older model and save a bunch.

6. jazz_kaur profile image50
    jazz_kaurposted 7 years ago

Being a netbook expert, I would recommend the Asus Lamborghini VX6 that would cost you just under 1000 dollar mark. It can even play some of the latest games out there as well, something which most of the netbooks are not even capable of!