jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Can Apple takeover Microsoft?

1. anthonyhopkin profile image59
    anthonyhopkinposted 7 years ago

Can Apple takeover Microsoft?

2. disease symptoms profile image60
    disease symptomsposted 7 years ago

Possible only if they diversify their business.. As of now, not possible

3. profile image51
    jiannposted 7 years ago

Wt a question my friend...it has almost happened already...Apple is far more superior OS compared to Windows...Moreover, Apple WAS the first to launch a personal computer.

4. phiphi profile image57
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

It is almost done dude... and i must say within few years it will happen

5. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

I hope not, because the products apple put out are sub-par.

I'm not sure how people think ipods and iphones are the best of their class. It isn't even close.

6. giwrgos12 profile image54
    giwrgos12posted 7 years ago

The brilliant run of Apple (AAPL) in market is continuing in full stake, this time it is the Microsoft (MSFT) who has been overwhelmed by Apple to become the most valuable techno company in world.

7. anthonyhopkin profile image59
    anthonyhopkinposted 7 years ago

But still Microsoft has much wider audience than Apple in international market..

8. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

I would say not. If, for the sake of argument, one did take over the other then  the operating system belonging to the company taken over would disappear. This would probably contravene monopoly laws as: Linux aside, it would only leave one choice for consumers.

9. Sullen91 profile image79
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

When? Presently, apple's balance sheet is worth 65 billion on the asset metric. Microsoft has assets worth over 91 billion. You do the math. The second company is far more mammoth and stable. This takeover is not feasible financially, and the two companies position themselves as competitors of sorts. What could apple do with a business that has stagnated and stabilized in a slow growth trend? What would apple want with microsoft when it has positioned itself as the fresh, innovative leader compared to microsoft, which is bureaucratic?

10. C.V.Rajan profile image76
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

No. I don't think so. It is really macro hard!

11. profile image31
    nbbatt.composted 7 years ago

No at all it's my belief not belief it's truth apple can never takeover microsoft.See microsoft is since so many years and the products of microsoft and apple are different apple is famous for ipods,iphones but there is a small bit of chance to overcome because even though apple is the latest one but nowadays we all know the crazy about apple products.I think nobody can conclude this point because both are different and mainly they differ in their products.

12. gulnazahmad profile image64
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

Apple is bringing ideas and innovations that Microsoft does not. Its possible that it takeover Microsoft.