jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

will FACEBOOK win over GOOGLE ?

1. disease symptoms profile image60
    disease symptomsposted 7 years ago

will FACEBOOK win over GOOGLE ?

facebook's growth rate in recent years are higher than google.. Facebook has claimed chrome to be incompatible for its site. If facebook starts its own ad server and SE, can it overtake Google???

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4108254_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 7 years ago

"NEVER EVER! GOOGLE WILL ALAWYS WIN NO MATTER WHAT!" In the whole world, in every home, and in every computer's and in every  internet  hompage "THERE IS GOOGLE!" Google is a hit and will alawys remain:)

3. disease symptoms profile image60
    disease symptomsposted 7 years ago

@ Jason.. I accept that's the situation now

1. Orkut was sent to trash by facebook in an year.

2. Now advertisers like to target facebook ads than adsense (as it's more specific).

what you think if facebook eats up google's revenue??

will it not overtake?

4. kozmicbluej profile image60
    kozmicbluejposted 7 years ago

Can't see it ever over taking google. I read a piece about this, and although they are both huge, they do of course operate in different mediums. I can't yet see the day where people when wanting to search for something, go to facebook instead of google. When google searches per month actually start decreasing then it would be worth noting. Facebook will try to personalise everything, and you'd always be logged in, a lot of people don't want that and prefer anonymity when searching. Facebook is still social so it will need a large change of perception for businesses to use it as an ad server, sure lots of up to date media business sites may, but it will take a while for this to even try to compete with the tried and tested google facilities. Still waiting to see Bing make up some ground or Yah-Bing or whatever it is. Google is still the giant

5. anthonyhopkin profile image58
    anthonyhopkinposted 7 years ago

As far as the ads goes, they can take on Google and even win it..but they themselves knew that taking over Google's place in SE in near to impossible..

6. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

At present, Google and Facebook are two different applications..... It's like asking will a screwdriver win over a kettle... Just my thoughts.

7. mrchiew.sg profile image56
    mrchiew.sgposted 7 years ago

Google has a wider user base, so i'm rooting for google.

Facebook will not succeed unless it makes its way into the China market.

Also, I think that Facebook ad is a nuisance to me, I tend to see ads almost everywhere, something I don't like.

8. profile image57
    tina1234posted 7 years ago

Agree with mrchiew.sg , facebook has too many ads, i think this is not the user want.

working