jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

here is a good idea.

1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

They should make cell phones that refresh when you get a bad connection so you don't lose the call.

Why?  Because I was sitting on the phone for forever trying to get a hold of the claims department at the bank, when I finally get through I can friggin' hear them and there is no way I am hanging up now.

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Sometimes I think they do this on purpose. Claim departments I mean smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think your right.  Coincidence that it always happens when I call the claims department?  I think not!  yikes

3. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 8 years ago

So, I wake up one morning, to check my bank. I do it every morning, to make sure ...and there are about 6 withdrwals about to be double posted, causing each one to have a 35 dollar overdraft fee...I call the bank, Im on hold for 25  inutes, wheni get connected, the lady "accidentally" hangs up on me!!! That was an old fashoined land line with a cord phone!!!! I think, you pay good money for a cell phone, if calls get dropped, there should be a way to keep track..like missed calls...and get a refund!

1. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Crap. Did you change the bank since?

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 8 years agoin reply to this

it was a computer glitch they fixed it. long story I dont care to put in to public, but I can not change banks right now.  sad
        9/11 was so bad for so many reasons.....

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh geeze, I had that happen once.  It was so frustrating.

All these reasons I decided not to use the banks anymore.  Of course the one time I end up keeping money in the bank for purposes of the place only accepting credit card... there it!  In the words Fiery... "Boom!". 

Bank of America was notorious to me for pulling crap like this.

1. profile image0

I must have a bank account, for some of the things I pay for come out automatically. If I change this, they cost more, and I can not afford that. SOOOO I have started cashing my husbands paycheck, leaving just enough in the bank to cover these expenses, and paying cash for everything else. dont go stalking me, it is all gone in a day....

3. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

She probably hung up on you on purpose because she knew the bank wouldn't make it right and she didn't want to have to tell you that. When I worked at the call center of a big regional bank, we had to deny any request for overdraft fee refunds, even overdraft fees that were the result of double posting. If the bank had a computer error or something, we had to tell them another department would be looking at it and it would be corrected within the next couple of days IF it was the banks fault--but this wasn't entirely true. I saw case after case of it being the banks fault and it still wasn't corrected.

That's just one of about 50 reasons why I never want to work for another bank or another call center again, ever. sad

1. livewithrichard profile image86
        livewithrichardposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have a friend that is a VP of a bank and she once told me they do this because the bank earns money on interest that compounds daily. So even if the bank is at fault, they will still earn money even if they return the o.d. fees.

2. profile image0

So, its been a couple years dealing with this..youknowhat...and I know the rules now. I am waaaaaaay carefull. they did fix that one problem, becuase it effected the ENTIRE bank system. More then once I have been screwed over, and it has been thier fault. I have had several friends, and my saister who worked int he call center of abank. It eats any normal human being up. really, they all ended up takign FMLA due to stress, anxiety, etc. it isnt good. I am happy to hear you got out!!! 
        About cell phones and dropped calls, they really do happen, and I think you should be eligiable for refunds.

1. profile image0

I actually had a cardiac event in my cubicle and went to the hospital in an ambulance. I still stayed at that hellish job for two months after that, but finally got up one morning and just couldn't go in. That was my EIGHTH year doing call center work, but only my second at the bank.

I wanted to leave years sooner but I live in Michigan and there and NO JOBS here so I knew if I left it might be my last job ever, anywhere. But when I keeled over at my desk I finally realized, jeez, this isn't worth it. They literally don't give a damn if I die so I have to give a damn.

smile

1. profile image0

WOW!!!! I have had friends go in ambulance cuz of migraine or panic attack. But not that!! I am glad you are OK. There must be something about the allure of good pay + hardworking moral individuals + banks + health disaster. (and all of the people I know of are female. Not to be sexist, but....most guys I personally know dont let work get to tehem like that. I dont know why. someone should write a hub...maybe, in general, guys are less empathetic?)I really have seen alot of it. Bank Of America is a HUGE employer in my state, and its not good.

1. profile image0

I think it's that guys 1) don't let it get to them as much, and 2) know they can and will walk away when they've had enough. Most of the women I know from call centers are pretty clear about the call center being the 'end of the line' for them, and the companies really exploit you once they know you have bought into that. I have not found another full time job, so I guess at least in my case it really was the best I could do around here, but there's always SOMETHING ELSE you can do if you put your mind to it. I do freelance writing now and make about the same money, working at home. So it was all for the best. But yeah, sucky job. Big time sucky job.

4. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 8 years ago

That's a great idea, I was trying to topup yesterday and half way through the process it would cut off only for me to have to start all over again!!! It's sooooo anoying!

5. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 8 years ago

Ironic...2-3 months ago I would have maybe piped in with the whole "You can go online...what are you doing on the damn phone anyways?".....until I had a couple of "odd" charges go through.

When the circumstances are essentially dire, you want to talk to a live human being...and while being on hold can take a bit of patience...being on hold and then being dropped right as the voice finally arrives..well: [Enter expletive here].

I appreciate the advances in technology...and the online access with all of the bills...the voice activated answering service...but when you need to just talk to a person...even if to simply reaffirm your thinking...it is quite the struggle. I usually curtail this whole process by pressing "0" infinitely till I hear a live voice.

But yes...there should be some sort of network refresh available on phone systems...or better yet there should be log on the other end that records your number and if the line is disconnected - an operator calls YOU back.

I know that banks get a lot of call traffic and presumably some of these calls may be rhetorical...but we are the customer and are most likely not calling to see what the operator is wearing...or not wearing....throw the little people a bone every once in a while!

working