jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

my DVD drive has stopped working

1. agvulpes profile image87
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

my DVD drive has stopped working

It will play a CD but when I try to install a printer the disc is not recognized.
    When I check the Device Manager it tells me that the Driver is corrupted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a new driver with the same result.
    I would appreciate any ideas!

2. lsgondane profile image60
    lsgondaneposted 7 years ago

If your DVD drive is faulty it will not even play your CD. Your Printer driver CD might be damaged or corrupt. The better way would be to download your printer driver from internet. smile

It works for me. I always download latest drivers from the internet.

3. agvulpes profile image87
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

Isgondane I will try your advise, I only tried to use the installation disc. Do you have a favorite Driver Download site or should I go to the manufactures site?

4. alba101 profile image55
    alba101posted 7 years ago

i think leave it alone for a few days when you think it is better try it again if it doesn't work do it again.

5. treven65 profile image60
    treven65posted 7 years ago

Probably the best option is to download the driver from the manufacturer site.
    In my opinion it is always up to date.

6. ishadi profile image60
    ishadiposted 6 years ago

If your problem on the CD Room, try the following solutions:

1. Remove the CD from the PC Room, fox jamper from Master to Slave, or from Slave to Master. Then plug back in and turn. PC.
    2. Change the position of the serial cable to the mainboard CD Room. If the CD Room to the mainboard into the IDE 1, you try to change the entrance to the IDE 2.
    3. If still not successful, try to scan your computer with anti virus updates.
    4. CD Room / CDRW / DVD Combo / DVD-RW is auto detect. We do not need to install drivers for CD Room equipment
    5. If The third methods above still does not work, in my estimation, CD Room, you damaged.

If your problem on a corupt printer driver CD

My suggestion is you download via the internet, the drivers you need.

Hopefully help