jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the main reason for huge popularity of social networking site FACEBOOK a

1. maheshpatwal profile image74
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

What is the main reason for huge popularity of social networking site FACEBOOK among all...

netizens when there are umpteen number of social networking sites available?? Here in india two-three years ago ORKUT was a huge hit, now most of the teenagers and office goers has FB account....how long this craze can last?

2. carljsp profile image55
    carljspposted 7 years ago

Lot of publicity .because there are several other social networking sites like orkut but are not popular.moreover due to some extra features of games and cool applications facebook is popular

3. JasonPrairieWeb profile image61
    JasonPrairieWebposted 7 years ago

Here in the USA, first it was Friendster, then it was MySpace and now it is Facebook. The why is because each site was an improvement over the one that came before it. Also Facebook had good timing: the average person was "ready" for it by the time social sites became extremely popular, whereas MySpace was already "old" by the time many people learned about social sites. People were already leaving MySpace to join "the next big thing". The combination of timing, popular features and publicity all came together to make Facebook a huge hit. Will it last? It's in a great position to remain strong but who knows really. Time will tell...

4. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I agree with all the hubbers answers, I just love being able to share words and pics with all my family back home in New York, and a few great friends stationed overseas!

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

People are sheep and they always follow the crowd and Facebook is the crowd.