Hi, I am currently building a website for my writng with Webnode. They have thei

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I am currently building a website for my writng with Webnode. They have their own...

editing/writing programmes for articles. But would I be able to use Wordpress as well?

2. Fotographer profile image57
    Fotographerposted 7 years ago

No, you can't use wordpress on Webnode blogs.

3. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 7 years ago

If you enjoy using WordPress you should consider getting your own domain name registered, get hosting, (and pay for domain registration and hosting, but it's not that expensive) and then choose a free WordPress theme from over a 1 000 different ones at wordpress.org - you'll have your own domain name site - it won't have .wordpress.com at the end and you can add Adsense ads to it or whatever you like, basically your very own site.

You'll have to upload the WordPress template to the host server.  Make sure the host supports PHP5 and MySql, upload your site, and have fun!

I'm not sure if Webnode allows you to put ads on your pages, or if they will be displaying some of their own ads.  Also, not always, but usually a unique domain name is a stronger call for search engines, than thousands of sites that end in the same address eg yourname.blogspot.com yourname.wordpress.com or yourname.webnode.com - yourname.com just seems a stronger address and has no part of it shared with others.

However, using totally free sites (no domain registration or hosting fees) can work for you if you carefully optimize your articles for search engines, and write frequently.

Good luck with whichever methods you choose to "get your writing out there."