jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you wanted to buy a cheap laptop JUST to use for internet access what would y

1. The Suburban Poet profile image83
    The Suburban Poetposted 7 years ago

If you wanted to buy a cheap laptop JUST to use for internet access what would you do?

2. Yoovle profile image62
    Yoovleposted 7 years ago

Have a look at some netbooks (The word netbook is a portmanteau of the words Internet and notebook). They are a lot cheaper than laptops, but look practically the same, however are slower, etc.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Look for processor speed, RAMM, and hard drive storage space.  It would be good if it had a disk drive because you might evenually want to upload some software or download some files. Oh...also, be sure it has Internet connection capability...either hard wire or wireless.  You can add wireless external if you have a USB plug. WB

4. bpssi profile image52
    bpssiposted 7 years ago

Some of the best deals on laptops occur at refurbished laptop sites (eg, http://www.cheetahdeals.com/Refurbished … s_s/25.htm) I know they're not as "sexy" as buying a new MacBook Air, say. But there's nothing sexy about being broke, either!

I would try to be somewhat thrifty if your aim is just Internet surfing, is what I'm saying. You can buy a full-function laptop, therefore avoiding the trade-offs you make with a netbook. Netbooks generally have tiny screens with poor resolution, making your Internet experience pretty crappy (IMHO). Finding an inexpensive laptop would be the way I'd go. (Or buying an external display for a netbook, but that kind of defeats the point of netbooks: Portability.)