jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Apple iOS or Google's Android - Who's gonna win the battle?

1. trafford profile image38
    traffordposted 7 years ago

Apple iOS or Google's Android - Who's gonna win the battle?

what do you think so, who's gonna win this smartphones OS competition?

2. trafford profile image38
    traffordposted 7 years ago

Recent statistics shows that Android has just beat Apple iphone ios

3. othic profile image59
    othicposted 7 years ago

Android, because it is open source and more manufacturers are using it. Apple might make a lot of profit, but if you want to talk about future and overall market share, then android will win.

4. slc334 profile image42
    slc334posted 7 years ago

I actually have no idea.  The android vs. apple debate is largely a North American and European one, as Nokia is pretty much winning everywhere else.  While yes there are more android device manufacturers, Apple is really on only a select few carriers.  Android sales will continue to grow, but watch out for a HUGE jump in iPhones when Verizon starts to sell them.  Pair that with the fact that the iPhone 5 and iOS 5 are coming out soon, I think it's still anyones game.... which is a good thing for the consumer.

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

That really is not something we can know at this point. Any product's succes in the market ultimately depends on may factors.  Intially it is a function of appeal and functionality...i.e. high tech. Then it becomes a function of reliability and functionality (ease of use).  Of course, price plays into this equation all the way.  We are all willing to pay more up front in name of curiousity, technology, and functionality.  That changes quickly if the product falls short in any or  all those areas.  Only time will really tell and along the way other competitiors will come into play and totally fog the lens unless one of the original products is heads and shoulders above all others.  WB

6. jimmy.a.g profile image55
    jimmy.a.gposted 7 years ago

- large scale user & developer
    - affordable price
    - embeded in many devices
    - focus in OS so vendor may provide on hardware focus
    - compliant with any google's product

7. ojtpupt profile image56
    ojtpuptposted 6 years ago

I still prefer android smile
    and you can create programs there for free