jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think it makes sense now, to run your conputer without anti-virus softwar

1. mahadevank profile image71
    mahadevankposted 7 years ago

Do you think it makes sense now, to run your conputer without anti-virus software? I've been...

doing this for a while now without trouble, but what are your thoughts on this? Has anyone else done this? Have you managed to remove a virus when it attacked your system? I'd really like to know...since I'm finding it quite comfortable at home and at work.

2. profile image48
    Durga Beheraposted 7 years ago

yes u can....but don't connect internet connection & don't use external device like pendrive,external hard disk,floppy disk,cd,dvd.

3. Fire Sprinklers profile image55
    Fire Sprinklersposted 7 years ago

It is not advisable to browse the internet or have a online connection from your pc/laptop without installing a firewall and anti virus. Id say you have been lucky so far if you have been surfing without AV and firewall, sooner or later however you will get a virus or malware on your pc. You need something to remove it or better still stop it from infecting .

4. mahadevank profile image71
    mahadevankposted 7 years ago

I've been managing without anti-virus for three years now...no problems at all. I can't be that lucky! smile. Anyways I've decided to be anti-virus free. I've got my data backed up so I have nothing to loose.

5. Kavita Martin profile image55
    Kavita Martinposted 7 years ago

Don't connect internet connection & other  like hard disk,floppy disk,CD, DVD,USB.

6. jwburkhard profile image56
    jwburkhardposted 7 years ago

Depends on the platform you're on. If you're using a Mac running OS X then don't worry about it. If you're super paranoid you can install the lightweight ClamX AV for peace of mind.

If you're on a Windows based PC then you're taking your own digital life into your own hands by not running proper security software. If cost & resources are an issue then you might check out the hub I just published on this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Use-Clou … s-Software