Is it possible to transfer a drupal blog to wordpress if yes how and how difficult or easy it is.
Finally, working and well-tested migration utility that allows you to move Wordpress blog under Drupal CMS is here. This module supports Drupal 4.7 (4.6 version is not supported) and both Wordpress 1.5 and 2.0.
Some interesting features:
* Posts, comments, categories, pages and users are migrated. wp2drupal respects unpublished and private settings so no non-public information will be revealed to unauthorized eyes after migration.
* Module is highly configurable. You can, for example, specify node types of imported posts and pages, each imported string can be run through custom string handling function etc. To not harm usability, wp2module comes with well-thoughtout default values so you will typically only need to adjust a very few settings.
* wp2drupal tries to make its best to handle strings and their character encoding right. For example, string are automatically „iconved“ if needed. You will appreciate this when your blog doesn't speak English.
* wp2drupal module provides a very flexible URL redirection mechanism. It is not Apache-dependent and works very well on an arbitrary server platform (tested under IIS + isapi_rewrite). Redirection rules are stored in a database table so if you wish, you can build your own redirection script although the default one that simply works is provided out of the box.
There are also things that you should pay attention to:
* This script is resource intensive. With hundreds of posts and comments, the script can easily exceed 30 second time limit that is usually assigned to PHP scripts. In these cases, you will need to enable set_time_limit() function to let migration process run longer than 30 seconds.
* wp2module is ready for usual one-man-show blogs and can't handle multi-user mega-blogs.
* Wordpress's custom meta-information (inserted in post creation form) are not migrated.
If you know what you are doing ,then it should be easy ..
Here is nice article on how to migrate a drupal website to wordpress http://socialcmsbuzz.com/convert-import … -20052009/
I have never done it, but I got curious and found this article: http://socialcmsbuzz.com/convert-import … -20052009/ Otherwise, it seems it is only software. So, it should be possible.
Good question. I design in both and have wondered the same thing. There are some good answers here on utilities and modules for transferring Wordpress to Drupal.
by sumit43227 years ago
Which CMS should I choose for my business website? Joomla or Drupal?Want to revamp the old static website from scratch.
by plusMinus4 years ago
Which CMS you like best between Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal and Blogspot?Lots of CMS are available and Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal and Blogspot are some of them. Which one you like best?
by Csanad5 years ago
I read that with Drupal you can do absolutely everything, but Wordpress is easier to learn and for administration of your blog. So which is better on the long term, Drupal or Wordpress?
by thaivalentine6 years ago
CMS is a great tool and I would love to hear feedback from people on preferences for Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla. Thanks in advance:)
by internett1t35 years ago
What is the best CMS, Drupal, Joomla or Wordpress?
by Shahidullah Kaysar4 years ago
What is your favorite CMS Blogger,Wordpress,Drupal or Joomla?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.