how do i use my wireless router to connect tv programs to my tv
As an alternative to using cables, you can also use Wi-Fi to connect computers and TVs wirelessly. Because televisions do not ordinarily support Wi-Fi, you will need to install a separate unit between the computer and TV. One common solution is called a Wireless PC to TV system or [i[Digital Media Receiver. These products connect via AV cable to the TV and supply Wi-Fi connections to any computer in the home.
Another wireless PC to TV connectivity option is based on Windows Media Center Edition (MCE). If you purchase a Windows XP or Windows Vista PC with the MCE application included, this system contains built in wireless connectivity support for streaming images to your television. Some of these systems also support TV tuner cards that allow your computer to receive incoming television signals. Finally, you can extend the capability of a Media Center PC across an entire wireless home network by installing a Media Center Extender product like the LInksys DMA2100.
See also - Windows XP MCE - About.com
Pros and Cons of Connecting Computers and TVs
Networking your computers and TVs provides the most convenient sharing of multimedia images:
* does not require connecting a digital camcorder or camera to the TY
* can make the necessary connections with either Windows, Mac or Linux computers
* with Media Center Extender or similar capability, can direct content from any home computer to the TV
You may also encounter a few challenges and limitations:
* the screen resolution of older TVs is much lower than modern computer displays - your images and video may appear with lower quality when shown on the television
* when using AV cables, you may need to relocate the laptop or PC very close to the television to reach
* when using wireless connections, the effective range may be relatively short, depending on the equipment in use, due to the high volume of data involved in digital media
* hardware needed, especially the more advanced wireless gear, may be expensive to purchase
by Nizam Khan4 years ago
How much RAM do you have in your 64 bit system?
by PhoenixV2 years ago
What Is The Best Wireless Router On The Market Today?What Is The Best Wireless Router On The Market Today?
by Elizabeth Parker4 years ago
What computer brand is your favorite (for home computers)?For the price range of under $1000, what computer brand (w/ MS Windows) is your favorite? Any particular reason why?
by HubPages2 years ago
Wireless router how to
by Jane@CM8 years ago
We have three computers. My laptop is wireless and I have my son's desktop set up to remotely run from the router that is on our main pc.PROBLEM: Every time our home phone rings my son & I loose our internet...
by Brian L. Powell5 years ago
Is anyone bothered by web cams built into laptop or computer?I was just thinking about George Orwell's book 1984 in which the television sets were used to keep tabs on the citizens. It occurred to me that...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.