jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What children's TV programs would you prefer your children don't watch?

1. danajconnelly profile image71
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

What children's TV programs would you prefer your children don't watch?

Some TV programs, even though designed for children, still send messages we'd rather our children not receive.

2. Askme profile image78
    Askmeposted 6 years ago

Bratz Dolls or the Pussycats.  Both these cartoons portray women as stupid sex objects. With all the advancement of Women's rights and equality, it seems we are going backwards. Every weather person on local news in Los Angeles is dressed like a Ho with massive cleavage showing, skin tight short dresses. What happened to "dress for success" and looking professional.

We do not need anymore cartoons showing little girls dressed up like tramps.

Also hate Toddlers and Tiaras--BAD idea!

3. danajconnelly profile image71
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

I agree with you askme...I find those shows to be a horrible example of the kind of women we want our girls to be.  I also find shows like Sponge bob to be completely fluffy and useless.  And sadly I have my issues with Curious George.  Cute as he is, he always gets into mischief, then tends to get praised for it by the end of the episode.

4. larcaustin46 profile image85
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

There are several, but Rugrats is the one that has me lunging for the remote.  All three of my kids were repeating Angelica's name-calling within three minutes of turning on the TV, and I've blocked it from the DVR box.  PowerPuff Girls were pretty awful, too.

working