How long does it take for search engines to realise a page isn't there?

1. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

How long does it take for search engines to realise a page isn't there?

I would like to transfer an article from one site to another. I can delete the article of the site, knowing that it is definately gone in the next 24 hours. However, if I submit my article to the other site, surely their anti-plagerism system will detect the article when looking through the internet because the search engines haven't realised that they page is no longer there. How long does it take for the the search engines to realise that the page isn't there or more importantly, does it even matter if they are still there?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

It depends.  Search engine will visit certain site more frequently than others (depending on how frequently that site is updated).  As a rough rule of thumb, search engine should be able to re-index the entire web within one month. 

But they usually can detect the change much sooner.  To test, all you have to do is to perform a search for a few sentences in your deleted article.

3. profile image45
    ukulele_heroposted 7 years ago

definitely it depends on the updating frequency, which is a considerable factor of the frequency the robots crawl your site.

working