jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

How long does it take for a hub to reach the search engines once it is published

1. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

How long does it take for a hub to reach the search engines once it is published?

People talk about aged hubs, etc.  what about new hubs, published, etc.  how long do they take to be found in search engine searches....

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Within a few hours to a week.
    Just making my answer longer

3. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure what the norm is, but I published a hub last Monday about Legos for girls, and noticed the that it in less than 24 hours it was getting traffic from Google.

I took a look for myself and not only was it already indexed by Google in less than a day, but it was 6th on the first page. I just checked again and it is still there if you search for "lego girls controversy."

Additionally, I made some changes to the hub, and submitted the url through Google webmaster tools and the new version (changed summary) was also updated in less than 24 hours.

So, it can happen fast.

4. incomeguru profile image97
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

At times my new hub would appear in the search engine result page in less than 24hrs and mostly google but some of them will no more be there if I check back like 7 days after being published. But still come  up in less than a month.

5. bloggering profile image72
    bloggeringposted 6 years ago

I've had some hubs indexed in Google within hours and others took several days. I'm really not sure what the timing is based on. Of course, getting indexed in the other search engines takes longer - at least in my experience.

6. patbess profile image58
    patbessposted 6 years ago

Mine usually take around 24-48 hours in general. Hope that helps

7. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for answering!!! Mine finally showed up just about 24 hours after publishing... it landed page 1, spot 5 on its first day.   I think the power behind hubpages has a great deal to do with this.

8. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

I don't think you need an answer anymore, but i want to add something. HubPages is a pretty savvy entity, whoever or whatever it is. They know how to sling words at the search engine, and I don't think they play much politics. They let a lot of crazy stuff and dumb mistakes go by without much bother. I think the interactive, mufti-media magazine format will give passive media a run for its money. I am just learning how to work it into my own business, and am impressed with what I see others doing.

I haven't made much money, yet, but I see how it can be done. It can also be used for local opportunities that aren't discussed in the forums. Each individual can customize it for their purpose. What up? It's free, and you will still see your work on page 1. Be careful what you say.

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

It depends.  I believe the word you were looking for is "indexed."

I read a long time ago that Google indexed Digg.com every single hour...I'm not sure that that's true, but it's why I joined Digg, and used to submit my hubs there immediately after hitting "publish."

10. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

I published a Hub four hours ago. I just keyed the exact title of the article into a Google search. My Hub was listed in sixth place on the first page of the search results.

11. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Within a few hours to get crawled, but once the hub is "aged" and Google sees it as important or stable then it starts getting more traffic.

12. sachinbille profile image60
    sachinbilleposted 6 years ago

It takes only few minutes to get indexed by search engines.

13. jamesdanielclark profile image40
    jamesdanielclarkposted 6 years ago

If you have inbound links to your Hub, Google is likely to find it and index it more quickly. How about linking to it on your own website (if you have one)?

14. Cat R profile image72
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

It depends on your tags. If you pick a good number of tags that apply to your article, the article is 'found' as soon as one of your tags matches the search word!

15. terrektwo profile image85
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Usually less than 24 hours for the high rated engines.

16. Rain Defence profile image92
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

I find they're indexed and in google same day, but I make any changes, they can take up to a couple of weeks to show. Annoying as I often publish then realise how I could improve the title soon after.