jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (19 posts)

Which is the best free antivirus software?

1. yshashikant profile image72
    yshashikantposted 6 years ago

Which is the best free antivirus software?

I have tried a lot of free antivirus available today in the market and I like avast. Because of its frequent short updates and the easy to use user interface. What do you prefer to use and why?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I do not currently use free antivirus software but have used AVG in the past and find that it works really well.

3. seriousnuts profile image68
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

I am using Avira AntiVir Personal for 3 yrs already. I chose to download it because it was the best free antivirus software according to my research at that time. For some time, I had failed to full scan and update the database and realized that my computer had been infected. After painstakingly cleaning my system, I learned my lesson. Now I just make sure to update the database and have a full system scan every week and my pc has no problem anymore.

4. skear profile image97
    skearposted 6 years ago

I like Microsoft Security Essentials , it has worked really well for me.

5. pedrog profile image60
    pedrogposted 6 years ago
  6. m4rtinroche profile image58
    m4rtinrocheposted 6 years ago

I'd agree with AVG or Avast. I have used a website before that helps called trend micro but this is something you'd visit if you suspected a virus.

7. profile image56
    clivwillposted 6 years ago

Well i have used several anti virus software. Some have proven to be quite heavy on resources while others may not pick up known viruses. Bit-defender has a very good engine and will guarantee wonderful system protection, however as a once upon a time user it clogs computer resources. Kasper sky works very well in protecting your system and doesn't use up as many resources as bit-defender. But if you are looking for a anti virus which is light on windows yet effective enough to fight off the nasty's i would recommend ESET.

1. Mahmo profile image60
      Mahmoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have changed my previous opinion about AVG, Norton, and Kaspersky after I bought and tried all of them for different period.I have changed my opinion for different reasons and now I am using Microsoft Essentials which only for geunine windows.

8. crymn profile image55
    crymnposted 6 years ago

Personally, I have tried using almost all of them. Currently, I'm using Eset Smart Security 4, it hasn't failed on me yet and the it protects my windows system without interfering with my internet connection(default). So I would recommend ESS 4.

9. cubesz profile image59
    cubeszposted 6 years ago

I like avast, because it's there, but it's not bothering you with annoying pop ups. Plus it updates regularly and goes the job.

10. mortgage-news profile image60
    mortgage-newsposted 6 years ago

Viper is the best. I sued to use avg and norton but Viper is the newer generation of software to protect your computer.

11. Curiad profile image79
    Curiadposted 6 years ago

I have used AVG for 10+ years and never had it miss a single virus, trojan or any other type of attack.

I also have compared this to Norton and McAfee and is is far superior.

12. Jowy2000 profile image84
    Jowy2000posted 6 years ago

I scan using Trend Micro every once in a while and that covers everything. I don't like running an anti-virus on my computer constantly because they tend to do more damage than harm unless you like opening up emails that say 'Hey Friend, check out my pics, MyFamilyPics.exe'
    Trend Micro Housecall and the occasional Spybot S&D.

But to each his own.

13. Ann810 profile image80
    Ann810posted 6 years ago

I think AVG, F-Secure, and Trend Micro are the best free antivirus software, other than the best of the best, and thats Norton.

14. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 6 years ago

AVG without question !.Try its free version AVG 9.0 and be certain.

15. PainReliefGuy profile image70
    PainReliefGuyposted 6 years ago

Agreed, AVG is the best antivirus software. I currently use Webroot Anti Virus with Spy Sweeper and it is outstanding.

16. profile image0
    technibzposted 5 years ago

Avira Antivirus Software. Tried AVG but had a problem with download and installation

17. profile image57
    Lucifer Smithposted 4 months ago

This is the best virus guard     
    http://quainator.com/6yqw

18. profile image61
    SOURAVDASHposted 4 months ago

Best antivirus software ever is QUICK HEAL ANIVIRUS

working