jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think Facebook is a good avenue for favortism?

1. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

Do you think Facebook is a good avenue for favortism?

Do you ever notice how some people react to others more than some other people? How do you think favortism shows on Facebook in family situations?

2. lifeinprime profile image66
    lifeinprimeposted 6 years ago

Certainly there is favoritism on Facebook, as there is everywhere! I've seen siblings blast each other on  the site, as well as issues pitting parent against child. 

Sadly, family favoritism is alive and well on Facebook.  The best thing to do is ignore it, but that's easier said than done.

3. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

Favoritism is everywhere, but it definitely shows up on Facebook exceptionally well.  Facebook has been blamed for ruining a lot of relationships because of it.

4. crg7 profile image61
    crg7posted 5 years ago

I'm not sure if you mean this in a general way, or if you mean that some people get more likes/comments than others. If it's the latter, then the reason could be that the content posted by these people is being seen more.

Some months ago, Facebook once again changed the display of the newsfeed. It changed in who you see posts from, as well as what posts you see of theirs. If you are subscribed to a page, you have probably learned that you need to choose to receive all updates/posts due to this update. Well, it's the same for your friends.

Facebook decided to start displaying posts from select friends, and only showing some posts. This is based upon how much you interact with them on FB, and how much you have in common. I'm not sure exactly how it's calculated, but these factor in. Just as you have to select to see all posts from a page, you need to visit a friend's page and select to see all posts by them. You can also opt to add them to your "Close Friends" group, and receive notifications every time they add a new post/picture.

working