jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you consciously censor your Facebook posts and comments?

1. SuzanneCarr profile image60
    SuzanneCarrposted 5 years ago

Do you consciously censor your Facebook posts and comments?

Many people seem to treat Facebook more as a forum where they air their differences in public instead of treating it as a "social" outlet (hence the name social media). I've seen arguments between family members, friends and even spouses. I've also been the target of rude comments posted to my status. As I see it, it's my wall and I should be able to post what I like without fear of offending anyone. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you handle it? Do you engage in a war of words? Perhaps delete the offender?

2. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

I always delete the bots!  My husbands account has been infiltrated with so many bots, he has had to delete account and open a new one.  But the worst is personal postings put out there for the world to see!  They do cause a lot of strife among family and friends.  What is bad, these are words only and no eye contact or voice emotions to help with the true meaning of what is being said.  Therefore alot of missinterpretations occur.  Equally worse is the tweeting of where you are at and when.  This opens a person up to preditors and thieves!

3. Bedbugabscond profile image98
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

I always censor my Facebook posts and comments. It may be Social Media, but it is so much more than that. No matter how private you think it is, you never know who is going to see something you wouldn't want them to see. For example, I know that many landloards and employers regularly check peoples Facebook when doing a background check. My policy, is delete, delete, delete. You would not want your own words of anger to come back to haunt you.

4. michememe profile image78
    michememeposted 5 years ago

I am mindful with post and comments. There have been times when I have had a battle of words, and after calming down, removed the post. I try to keep my post upbeat, with so much negativity in the world. There is no need for me to contribute to that.

5. sandonia profile image83
    sandoniaposted 5 years ago

I do not use Facebook, but I do take a considered approach to what I post and how I say it. While I might not be regretful at the time of a snide or rude comment, that comment could come back to bite me at a later time. Thus, just as with normal everyday speech, I strive to be tactful in my social interactions.